Author Topic: What did you pick today  (Read 78583 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: What did you pick today
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2016, 13:33:11 »
a trugg full of peppers and some brussel tops for dinner
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2016, 14:02:33 »
A bag of hungry gap.

pumkinlover

« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2016, 20:37:14 »
Brussels sprouts tops and salad leaves.
Going to make "Summer and Winter soup" ( some summer and some winter type ingredients) or as usual "What I can find" soup

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2016, 08:13:46 »
Picked the last of the Pak Choy yesterday, more lovely Calvero Nero & some leeks.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2016, 09:17:07 »
Picked the last of the Pak Choy yesterday, more lovely Calvero Nero & some leeks.

Did your late planted potatoes make it ok?  What else do you still have on the plot, Crystalmoon?

Kale and leeks here too.  Also celery, landcress, rocket, also lettuce and cress from the greenhouse.  Have covered my chard stumps with cloches, I think it was deer that ate them.  In this mild spell we already have some regrowth from the centre   :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2016, 15:37:51 »
SPROUTS

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2016, 07:10:33 »
Hi Galina sadly the frosts have been hard here for quite some time so my late planted spuds haven't made it even though they were covered in fleece & in plastic raised beds to keep the soil warmer. I haven't dug them up yet though....the foliage has wilted very badly so I don't expect to get even one usable spud but I will leave them in the ground until Christmas eve & have a look then, you never know perhaps there will be a few. I had no intention to grow them so nothing ventured nothing gained  :tongue3:

I've got lots growing for later in the Winter, variety of cabbages, Purple sprouting, Calabrese etc but I've only got Calvero Nero & Leeks to harvest at the mo. I'm munching my way through the veg in my freezer too, still got lots of courgettes to use up but I have finished off the beetroot, sweetcorn, beans & peas. Got quite a few butternuts to eat, expect they will be finished some time in January.

I've got a huge Chard still growing at the allotment but it has turned very bitter so I am letting the wildlife enjoy it.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas xxxx

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2016, 13:18:51 »
Dug up a few parsnips ....not champion ones , but they'll do for our Christmas feast tomorrow  :blob7:
Trespassers will be composted !

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2016, 13:24:25 »
Dug up some parsnips they dont seem as good as usual but hopefully they will be ok
Barnsley S Yorks

pumkinlover

« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2016, 19:10:41 »
Had the first sprouts today with our tea. They are called Revenge. Not sure if a good idea when you are in a small caravan. :glasses9:

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #310 on: December 25, 2016, 08:57:58 »
Carrots, leeks and kale and a few Jerusalem artichokes.Every little helps when you've got 15for Christmas dinner! :happy7:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2016, 09:34:19 »
got a lot of family coming today around 30 so this morning went to  allotment  for all the usual festive stuff sprouts leeks shallots kale parsnips carrots spring onions lettuce and beetroot now its a race to prep and cook them all before they all arrive i suppose its my fault really having 8 kids and all  happy boxing day
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #312 on: December 31, 2016, 13:04:46 »
Cabbage, red and green, sprouts, carrots, leeks, parsnips.... just to tide us over the New Year celebrations.
Bought some celriac!

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #313 on: December 31, 2016, 13:05:15 »
Cabbage, red and green, sprouts, carrots, leeks, parsnips.... just to tide us over the New Year celebrations.
Bought some celeriac!

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2017, 00:22:51 »
Leeks, Brussels sprouts, Chinese Cabbage, Mustard leaves, Rocket and land cress for a spicy salad .... and tomatoes!  Little yellow tomatoes still perfectly fresh in the bubblewrapped greenhouse on the long-dead plants!  I don't know about you but I think home-grown tomatoes in January is a little victory!

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2017, 12:46:50 »
I still have a few... one freezer tray of mostly "green" varieties ripening off the vine...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal