Author Topic: tip run  (Read 2213 times)

ACE

• Hectare
tip run
« on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:43 »
it's been a hedge cutting week. So as it's no good for composting it is a trip to the tip with my trailer which now has a proper number plate all the lights working and a new set of tyres. Reports coming from other trailer owners was that the police were outside of the tip checking and handing out penalties for unfit trailers. I know some of the trailers I have seen leave a lot to be desired, but a penalty for a broken bulb is taking it to far. Especially when the farmers hay carts that trundle around look like a load of old kipper boxes nailed together and they get away with it.

The reports in the local paper say there are not enough police to go around, seems we have a few spare ones here.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: tip run
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 22:11:11 »
Clearly you and your fellow renegades will have to work harder at being naughty and give your IOW bobbies something to do...   :angel11:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:10:42 »
Best to keep your transport up to speed. Often bring more out of the tip than take in.... Its an "easy nick" when the crime rate is falling.Quotas have to be fulfilled, targets met and a safer beat than stressful prosecution of mobile phone using drivers or stop searches of alleged illegal immigrants.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:48:58 »
Wow you are lucky.  I know some sites where they will not allow trailers in as they think they are "trade".  Also some will not allow vans in.

Bill

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 14:15:06 »
They don't bother you much here, I suppose they would if you went too often. Being a bit easy with the tippers we don't get a lot of fly tipping.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 15:17:45 »
i've heard if your car registration is an odd number they don't take any notice

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 16:40:19 »
Must be a good trailer. Somebody down the road spotted it and asked if he could take some rubbish to the tip with it. As long as it was not too heavy I said yes. Only my decking he said, I have a couple of loads, he was taking it up and laying brick pavers.

He only had one small load in the end as I have now got all the wood I need to make a couple of raised beds on the winter wet part of the lottie. He even unscrewed it properly so everything can be re-used. Result!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal