Author Topic: My friend  (Read 3108 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
My friend
« on: July 23, 2015, 20:50:23 »
My dear friend that I went on many walking holidays, had a stroke whilst we were away.  It was her diamond wedding anniversary today and the home put on food, cake and champagne.  She thoroughly enjoyed herself, card from the Queen and loads of flowers, but no diamonds.
She drunk some champagne, blew out the candles and we all had a good time. The staff were brilliant and made a big fuss of her and her husband.
These photos have not come out as well as I hoped, but show that things aren't all bad.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
Re: My friend
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 21:22:53 »
How lovely! Thanks for showing us. :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:53 »
Glad she had a 'diamond' day in great company.  And you were there to help celebrate this occasion.   :sunny:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:24:02 »
Yes it was a good day, and she remembered her honeymoon in Jersey when the flower display was on, and her husband said she got upset cause at the end they dismantled the floats and all the flowers got thrown away.  This picture is flowers from the staff and they all signed a card, and one of the kitchen staff gave her big hugs. Her daughters wrote lovely things in their card about their parents, which bought tears to my eyes, with all the bad news there are still some lovely people around. The point I am making that some carers do care, and they do a very hard job.  One more photo, then I will shut up.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 19:48:59 »
U carry on girl, show as many as u like.      :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 19:31:37 »
Carers are great. My friends birthday today in the home. Had a concert in the lounge and a good singer, all the old songs snd a flag to wave, a few tears when the cake came up happy tears, 2 dogs allowed in , her dog and daughters dog, and enjoyed some cake. Just a good coincidence that the singer was there today, but a good birthday. Lovely kitchen staff and carers made abig fuss of her and she had loads of cuddles. Shame i forgot my camera.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 22:25:57 »
My dear friend died last week, and her husband a couple of months ago.  I am sure that they are together now, although if I know Lily she will give him a good telling off.  She called me 'Bloody Sandra' as I kept asking her if she knew me, and she was cross about that, and said this holiday has gone on too long, I want to go home.  That was 5 years ago.  Hopefully she is happy now with her Maker in heaven, although she laughed and said not sure where I would go. New baby due soon, from granddaughter, so Lily will live another day. I will miss her.

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 23:53:30 »
Even those of us who don't/can't accept that there is a maker or any future to go to once we pass on know how much people mean to their friends.  What we can be sure of is that passing on stories of who they were when they were in their prime will make a difference to those who hear them and in that way there is an afterlife here on Earth.  If any of what what I learn on my allotment is passed on to future generations I will be happy that my time has not been wasted.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:09:34 »
I am sorry to hear about your friends, Borlotti. 

I have lost a lot of friends over the years, some going in their early 50's.  It is always traumatic to lose one, but they are kept alive in my memories.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal