Author Topic: Pollock with Spaghetti & Red Pepper Sauce  (Read 2884 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Pollock with Spaghetti & Red Pepper Sauce
« on: July 17, 2015, 23:24:53 »
Had something similar to this in Cyprus, Pasta with fish and Pepper sauce,very nice it was too,so decided on using Poached Pollock which has a firm texture but softens nicely from the Poaching process without over cooking,...... im sure Cod Fillet would be equally tasty.

INGREDIENTS

1 lb Fillet of Pollock/Cod Fillet for 2 people.
Raw Large Prawns deveined/optional
Fresh Pasta,Spaghetti or Linguine
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Jar 400g Roasted Red Peppers
100g Sundried Tomatoes
1 pint fish stock
1 Fresh Red Pepper
6 Cloves of Garlic
1 Bunch Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves/Or Dried
2 Fresh Bay Leaves
2 Red Chillies Chopped small (or to taste)
salt and pepper

Place the unpeeled Garlic cloves in a shallow oven proof dish then Roast them
in a pre heated oven 200 degrees for 10 mins or until the cloves feel soft to the touch.
then set aide  !!!!!!!!!!

Put the Olive Oil,Chopped Tomatoes,Roasted Red Peppers,Sundried Tomatoes,Roasted Garlic paste and add chilli (to taste) and seasoning into a blender and puree............and set aside in a bowl

Meantime,lets get Poaching,boil a pan of fish stock(about 1 pint) with a couple of Bay leaves in,then take the heat right down to a bare bubble.....Place the Pollock fillet semi submerged for 5 minutes
then (if using) add the Large Prawns around the edge for a further 5 mins........
so 10 mins in total  !!!!!!!!!!

Remove the Prawns once cooked and set aside,once the Poaching stock has cooled remove the Pollock
and set aside to cool........

Once the fish has cooled right down carefully flake the fillet ...............

Right....ready for supper,Ok lets re heat the sauce in a pan,at this stage you can bulk out the
sauce with the chopped Fresh Pepper and some small chopped Fresh Tomatoes and chopped Parsley...season well....and let it heat for about 10 mins on a low heat.

Meantime cook the Fresh pasta in boiling salted water until its tender but still firm to
the bite...........about 8 mins

when the Sauce is Hot turn the heat right down and fold in the Pollock Flakes and Prawns carefully and warm through for a few mins.

Drain the pasta and mix into the sauce.......

serve the Spaghetti and Pollock in the sauce in a large bowl and season to taste.

"" Pollock with Spaghetti & Red Pepper Sauce""

Enjoy

Gazza

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: Pollock with Spaghetti & Red Pepper Sauce
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 17:17:14 »
Purbecks Pollack? or Morrisons?
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 17:26:51 »
I thought pollock was now called "Colin"?? because customers are too embarrassed to ask for pollack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/5112736/Pollack-rebranded-as-Colin-by-Sainburys.html

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 18:29:59 »
I thought pollock was now called "Colin"?? because customers are too embarrassed to ask for pollack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/5112736/Pollack-rebranded-as-Colin-by-Sainburys.html

It's always labelled Pollock in my Sainsbury's.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 23:38:57 »
No not Purbecks but Needles caught off the Isle of Wight,me mate Kevin shares fish with me, if he gets a good Pollock I get a flank
if I catch a few Bream off Weymouth he gets a couple....that way we both enjoy varied fish suppers.... :wave:

Id forgotten how tasty it was have not had it in Ages..........supper with pasta was really tasty.... :toothy10:

Gazza

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal