Author Topic: July Photo Competition  (Read 7955 times)

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
Re: July Photo Competition
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 19:43:36 »
Okay, I have emailed you a picture daveyboi! This is exciting, it's the first competition I've entered. :)

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 20:54:02 »
Received thank you Silverleaf

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES

Closing for entries midnight tonight

any animals or wildlife on the plot be it bugs, insects, chickens,rabbits or cats and dogs

Please submit your entries in either a pm or by email to ramjamman at Hotmail dot com
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 19:29:02 »
Subject - I was stumped when I read that it was "animals on the plot" or insects etc. I couldn't find anything that day, then I looked out of our kitchen window at the field adjoining, and saw our local cows helping themselves to OUR plums!! So I rushed out with the camera and took that shot. They were leaning heavily  over the fence and thankfully the famed next door saw that, and moved them into the next field that evening.
I then asked if I could submit a photo of animals leaning over into our garden and Daveyboi assured me I could!  I never imagined cows eating plums.  There used to be horses next door and they loved the plums, but cows?  I thought they just ate grass.
They are a small not that sweet plum, not mirabelle though, which are much nicer with a better flavour.  They are useful for bottling, and for making jelly with blackberries which I've done this week.
I loved the caterpillar photo!

Couldn't really find much to photo at all . . . . . until this evening.  I'm hoping that animals on the plot can be taken slightly loosely - will leaning over the fence and eating from the plot count??!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal