Author Topic: Terri Louise raspberries  (Read 1285 times)

thexman

• Not So New ...
Terri Louise raspberries
« on: July 21, 2015, 00:18:42 »
I don't seem to be able to find Terri Louise raspberries in catalogues any more.

I acquired a batch more than a decade ago, which continue to produce massive fruits. I realise they have been used to create Joan J, but I would quite like to obtain some TLs. Anybody know a source?

Weirdly, I transplated these between allotments about 7 years ago, forgot that they are supposed to be autumn plants and have grown them as summer raspberries ever since and the result has been FANTASTIC.

BTW, although birds and foxes are quite happy to eat any soft fruit that I grow, raspberries seem to be ignored; birds show no interest. Is this typical? If so, what is the problem with raspberries? My poor jostaberry bush is now being practically stripped by the birds, which ignore the more plentiful raspberries.

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
Re: Terri Louise raspberries
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 22:39:43 »
The pigeons ignore my raspberries, perhaps because they don't find them so easy to perch on. The blackbirds, sparrows and blackcaps certainly love to eat them though. My chickens also go mad for them, but fortunately don't like to climb.  I think it was a blackbird that ate all the redcurrants. Pigeons generally have a good go at my jostaberries, blackcurrants and gooseberries, but this year have only really gone for jostaberries. My plan with raspberries is to grow so many that I don't mind sharing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal