Author Topic: New neighbours  (Read 1808 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
New neighbours
« on: June 14, 2015, 20:32:37 »
A team of six have arrived next door.  They are very keen and have immediately set too digging up everything and eating everything in site.

Crunch there goes another snail. :tongue3:

I do like pigs.   :icon_cheers: 

It is amazing just how fast they will clear a messy plot.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: New neighbours
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 21:16:34 »
And no doubt when they've finished theirs, they will be pleased to come over and do yours.......
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: New neighbours
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 22:39:28 »
Part of my plot has become rather overgrown and although I have managed to clear it there is still a lot of nettle roots.  I may get the gang in later in the year, problem is it is all or nothing.  And their little feet do rather trample and compact the soil and they eat all the worms, slugs and snails. 

If I do get them in, I will try and dig out quite a few worms with a view to restocking them.  But the thought of a fresh start is appealing. 

At the moment I am covering it will courgettes and pumpkins hoping they will do it.  I fell over last year and just had to do a minimum for several months.  So the nettles really got stuck in.

I do hope the electric fence keeps working, a stray pig or six would be a bit of a disaster.  But it is normally ok.  They also eat all the weeds and grind up the brassica roots. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal