Author Topic: Hi from Jeannine  (Read 3544 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Hi from Jeannine
« on: June 07, 2015, 20:58:09 »
Hi all. just touching base.

I am sorry I don;t get here very often but I seem to have a wee bit more time right now.

John is still failing but still at home. He is doing laps around the garden now it is sunny which frees me up a bit so I may be able to stay around through the summer LOL. He is sleeping better through the night too so that gives me bit of time.

Having said all of that he is of course gradually getting worse,m sometimes I am not sure how I cope but I seem to. Most of the time he knows who I am. He can still read but can no longer write, he can feed himself but everything has to be cut into bite sizes and he can no longer use a 2 utensils together, so it is either a spoon or a fork.

We have a worker who relieves me two afternoons a week and also bathes him so that helps.

Now is someone could just come up with a plan to stop him moving things constantly  LOL... he brings the outside stuff in so I never know if he is bringing a lawn chair or the hose pipe. The other day my son in law planted two lovely new grape vines for me, the next day we found one floating in the fish pond.  But it can sometimes be fun and as my doctor says if we can still laugh we are doing OK.

I am OK.. pain level  very high and very tired but bearing up.

My plots are gone but my raised beds at home are doing well considering they don't get as much light as I would like and my greenhouse is doing very well. My son in law is an angel really, ha has just pulled out his decorative youngish trees and replanted with fruit trees for me, my soft fruits are all safely tucked up in big pots and I maneged to find a new raspberry designed for a pot so it has a huge big pot that was used as a small pond.

I took a look at my message page and my apologies to those folks who have PM d me. The messages were so old I have erased them but will try to keep up with any new ones.

I hope everyone is well and perhaps someone could bring me up to date with ahthing I need to know.

Bless you all, I have missed you

My Love

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Hi from Jeannine
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 23:33:39 »
Jeannine, how lovely to hear from you. Tim posted today for the first time in ages and I immediately thought of you and wondered how you are  :wave:  - odd how the mind makes connections, isn't it? Glad to hear you are coping and that you have some support and help with John.

I am still managing my four small raised beds, but only grow easy to manage crops  - tomatoes, squashes, courgettes, beans and leeks. My friend Rebecca helped me with the planting out - bending over has become a bit problematical these days  :BangHead: so that was great. It looks like being a very good year for fruit. Trees and bushes are loaded with apples, pears, Morello cherries, gooseberries, blackcurrants, raspberries and even a newly planted blackberry already has lots of flowers.

The weather has been fine for a few days, though the night temperatures are still on the cool side for the time of year which is holding back growth somewhat, particularly in the squashes and courgettes. Not to worry! They'll romp away soon enough.

A4all is as busy and interesting as ever and has attracted quite a few newcomers recently.

I'm posting this to the forum - just to be sure you know I've been thinking of you :happy7:

Tricia xx

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:22 »
I am still growing tomatoes from seed you sent and from the fab seed pass the parcel so you are well represented on my plot and plate ! Nice to hear from you.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:23:09 »
Good to hear from you,and although life and health dominate your day its so good that you have support to get you through.

Nice to read that you manage to smile at what life presents to you on a daily basis.

Stay strong  !!!!!!!!!

all the best

GazNjude x

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:21:17 »
So nice to hear from you Jeannine ,

Keep smiling I think is sometimes the best medicine one can get. So am pleased the little things keep you smiling.

Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 17:41:01 »
Lovely to hear from you Jeannine. Your positive outlook puts any little niggles I may have into perspective!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 00:36:20 »
Hi Jeannine  :wave:

Nice to hear from you and it is even nicer that you are still pottering about. It might be in slightly smaller scale than you've used to...but still, keeping fingers 'muddy' is the best thing for the body and soul.
I have many seed packets in my stash that carry your name..new generations of saved seeds but I still like to have they named after you to remind me how far they originally came from.
All the best for you and I'll be sending positive energy each and every time you name pop up from my seed box :icon_thumleft:

Anja X

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 15:10:38 »
Hello from France Jeannine.   :wave:  :wave:  We are halfway through our 2 week holiday and staying in southern Brittany.

It's lovely to hear from you again and to know that you are still able to grow some things in your raised beds and greenhouse.  I am pleased that you are getting some help with John too.  It's good that you can have a laugh and a joke about some of the things he does.  A sense of humour is obligatory when caring for someone with Alzheimer's.   

I am sorry to hear that your pain levels are still very high and that you feel tired all the time.  Maybe you will get a bit more rest now that the summer is almost here and once everything is planted and needs a little less attention. 

It's good to hear from you Jeannine so please post again when you have a few minutes to spare.  I am sure many of us would like to know if you are growing any squash now and what varieties you have on the go. 

Take care, Love, Pauline and John xx

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 18:48:21 »
So nice to hear from you.  I was planting some sweetcorn the other day and thought of you.   

Good to hear you are still laughing but sometimes it must be very hard.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 21:06:42 »
hi Jeanine
I'm just touching base as well and discovering lots of new names and a few familiar ones.
sounds very much like my brother went but like you S-I-L tried to keep a sense of humour. Just one day at a time really isn't it ?
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 16:45:55 »
Hello Jeannine, I have just touched base too for the first time in ages and it is lovely to hear from you.   Sorry to hear that you have health issues too, as if you don't have enough to cope with. Just take it slowly. It's true that if you can laugh, you're still doing OK ! My mum had AD and at one stage she kept running off, which had my dad terribly worried. he would have preferred mum to move all the furniture around I think! 
I am sending you positive thoughts. Do take care of yourself, it is very important.
All the best
Adrienne
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 19:24:39 »
Hi Jeannine,

Great to hear from you sorry things are rough at the moment.

Please take a huge cyber hug from us all here and Harriet xxx

Cam

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 21:35:30 »
Lovely to hear from you! I still have some of your seeds, a Jeannine's lettuce mix and a heritage tomato 'lucky dip'.  :sunny:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal