Author Topic: Did it rain today?  (Read 3235 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Did it rain today?
« on: June 08, 2015, 17:45:10 »
Strange question maybe, but is there a website that tells you what the weather has been like rather than what it's going to be like? It was pouring down in York at lunchtime today but 12 miles away here in Tadcaster it doesn't look as if it has rained. I know I can check the soil, but it just made me wonder.

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
Re: Did it rain today?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 18:03:59 »
It doesn't go back more than an hour and a half - but the Netweather radar is a great way to track rainstorms - you can look at the storms direction and speed and get a pretty good idea of where they were earlier in the day.  However it's best as a tool for working out if it's going to rain on you in the near future rather than looking backwards in time!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 00:30:13 »
It did rain..eventually..whole 1 minute...just enough to dampen the surface and that's it!  :BangHead:
Midlands is slowly turning into desert and watering can is starting root into my hand already!
Come July and I bet it is going to be chucking it down drowning all the plants.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 21:14:01 »
It started chucking fine stuff down here near Bristol late this afternoon. good for Allotment but bad for other hobby which is belly dancing cuz we are performing at a local fair tomorrow so I really need a gap in the afternoon please.
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 22:11:38 »
OH YES...it is FINALLY raining  :icon_cheers: And may it last day or two...it is all desperately needed.

I even took all my houseplants outside and they are having their annual shower to get rid of dust and giving them bit of natural environment..orchid will love it!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 23:17:31 »
Not in Enfield, still waiting as I didn't water today.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 23:28:47 »
I was gonna talk about the weather today but the other Marg threw me completely with chat of thrusting bellies and wobbling "Bits"
so get at least 60 seconds of film of you doing your stuff tomorrow with the rain drizzling of your gyrating midrifts.... :tongue3:

OOOOer im all a quiver,,!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza   :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 07:22:15 »
The faintest drizzle only  :BangHead:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  now getting a bit more  :blob7:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:19:03 by galina »

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 07:58:04 »
I was gonna talk about the weather today but the other Marg threw me completely with chat of thrusting bellies and wobbling "Bits"
so get at least 60 seconds of film of you doing your stuff tomorrow with the rain drizzling of your gyrating midrifts.... :tongue3:

OOOOer im all a quiver,,!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza   :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Control yourself  Mr G  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal