Author Topic: Unwanted night time visitors..  (Read 1590 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Unwanted night time visitors..
« on: June 06, 2015, 12:13:17 »
 Yep, we had some night time 'shoppers' on our allotment couple of nights ago.
They left with several generators and a chainsaw in their 'shopping trolley'  :angry4:
We've been very lucky for some time now...no vandalism, nor breakings for long time and now they came and raided several plots from their valuables.

We had lot of excitement and plenty to talk about when police spent couple of hours inspecting the 'job'...they were even seen entering/exiting(?) by one of the resident from neighbouring houses and she even have CCTV pointing towards our gate! But the photo quality was either poor or they didn't managed to appear for the camera as police wasn't that exited after visit to their house.

I really cannot blame police for lack of efforts...they spent time here and did what they could...gave lot of advise and pointed out many weak issues on our security...AND they have made actual 'appointment' to come again for some 'talk' in few days time!!  :drunken_smilie: The fact that they were quite keen, I have feeling that they know something, but they cannot say anything or point finger for anybody...not yet anyway.

Quite few chaps are heading this weekend for several car boot sales to see what is on 'offer' and there will be some sparks going on if any machinery will turn up...ebay/gumtree/preloved are being kept eye on too....we have some very determinate people,. who are keen to get their goods back and/or catch the thieves...they really did pick wrong sort of people to steal stuff from :icon_cheers:
I was lucky not to have visitors, but chap next door had a visit. Any machinery I have that are worth of taking, are all chained together and locked away in shed with alarm...but even then I have now bought property marking kit and will mark everything...'just in case'.
Police reckon that they will be back in near future...now that they know what is where and they only paid 'flying visit' this time.
I'm lucky to live next door to my plots..so I think my stuff is little less likely to be pinched..but even then, I'll be leaving light on back window to pass little light on the lane and on the plot...hopefully keeping those rats away.

Keep you 'stuff' safe everybody...rats are roaming and it is high season for garden machinery sales!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:20:44 by goodlife »

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Unwanted night time visitors..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 16:44:32 »
Oh that's awful goodlife, although I am glad you personally haven't had anything stolen.  Yes, sadly there may be a return now they know what is there.  I hope you can find something in the local sales etc.  Do members know whom to contact if they see an item and can a car boot transaction be stopped and a trader be arrested?

I am sure several others in the same situation would be interested in knowing what to do if they spot their property advertised online or in the car boot sale after such a break-in and theft. 

It is sickening!   :BangHead:

astraman1

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 15:55:31 »
my shed is left open and all my stuff stays at home or in the car

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 18:42:29 »
They get quite cunning and use boot sales further afield.

Glad to hear you did not loose anything. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal