Author Topic: Wild Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Parmesan Cheese  (Read 3818 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Wild Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Parmesan Cheese
« on: May 18, 2015, 13:30:59 »
Ingredients

Find yourself a Cosy BB @ Lulworth Cove Dorset on a dreary saturday afternoon.

Add a Sunday mornings worth of torrential driving rain.

walk for an hour from Tyneham Village Down to Worbarrow Bay making sure you get thoroughly soaked but pick plenty of Wild Garlic on route.

Find yourself a snug spot in the pub to dry out.

Complain to the Bar staff that the fires down to its last embers,then stand back as kitchen staff add 2 lts of used chip fat and retire to safe distance.

Wash Wild Garlic thoroughly

Keep Flowers as they are tasty in salads

Assemble Ingredients

Brekky for 1
French stick toasted
4 fresh eggs
2 tbsp Fresh Wild Garlic
1 large thingy of butter
Parmesan Cheese Shavings(plus more for grating)
salt&pepper

Cook scrambled eggs to your liking at last minute add crumbled parmesan cheese,Wild Garlic and season well,stir together adding a last second thingy of butter and serve on toasted bread sticks.

Grate more parmesan if desired and add more Garlic leaves and flowers.

Enjoy

Gazza

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Wild Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Parmesan Cheese
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 13:32:00 »
Had a drive down to Kimmeridge Dorset yesterday but found the ground to be well ruff,dont know if anybody else has
ever fished it........

anyway,Delia took over as driving back down the country lanes I found another load of FREE wild Garlic.....yippee...

picked a nice tray full and gave some to our local pub and traded it for a beer or two another day....very handy

Thought it would be rude not to have some scrambled eggs with Wild Garlic and Mushrooms..

well tasty  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 17:09:44 »
Looks delish Gazza  :happy7:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 21:03:45 »
Sounds gorgeous brekkie, will give it a go next weekend. I have wild garlic growing v happily in the allotment hedge now.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 21:23:18 »
Love photo 4  :toothy10:

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 22:29:44 »
I tried to grow some wild garlic from seeds from the seed circle, but they didn't germinate at all. :( Maybe next year!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 11:12:11 »
I tried to grow some wild garlic from seeds from the seed circle, but they didn't germinate at all. :( Maybe next year!

Well count yourself lucky then. No need to grow it, plenty in the hedgerows, and if does take off at home there will be plenty there too. Three years from now wild garlic is all you will have in your garden, nothing else.

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:33:42 »
How do you keep your scrambled eggs moist and yummy? I haven't tried in years, as I just end up with dry nastiness... and as for B&B scrambled egg done in water, yurgh!

Adrian
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Silverleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 12:59:55 »

Well count yourself lucky then. No need to grow it, plenty in the hedgerows, and if does take off at home there will be plenty there too. Three years from now wild garlic is all you will have in your garden, nothing else.

The only place where I know it grows is a popular dog-walking spot. Not ideal! ;)

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 13:12:08 »
Theres no magic Grey1720 ....ive always anticipated its cooking time....then when you think it has about a minute left
take it off the heat and add a spoon of low cal marge/butter and stir though it helps to keep the gloss on the eggs and certainly not so dry.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 17:29:41 »
Also if you've slightly overcooked your eggs, you can mask that by adding a bit of grated cheese.

Not so good for the waistline, but tastes good!

The secret with scrambled eggs for me is to cook them really slowly and keep stirring. Turn the heat off just before they're done, and time everything else so your eggs aren't sitting there waiting and overlooking. It's better to be a bit preemptive with your toast and have it going cold than perfect toast and overcooked eggs.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal