Author Topic: poor babies  (Read 1990 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
poor babies
« on: March 22, 2005, 16:31:07 »
ive just had the worst shock

been outside and my plastic greenhouse has either been knocked over or blown over - it had all my lovelly babies in it - they were all growing so well

im going to try to put them all into pots and stuff - BUT now i dont know whats what either - i had greyhound cabbage - another variety of cabbage - purple brocoli - sprouts - and spinich

am really upset now

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Re: poor babies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 16:53:42 »
Oh dear, poor you. :'( :'( :'(

At the old house, I had mine weighted down (slightly) with some water-filled milk cartons, must do that again
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 17:25:14 »
I sent a minion out the other day to retrieve some sand bags left behind by a road crew.  I wanted them to weigh down my featherlite garden frame (it's not mine, I'm looking after it for a friend so don't want it to blow away before he gets it)

Go and have a look round where there's roadworks and I guarantee you'll find some  ;D

Sorry to hear your news  :(  I bet you did swear!.  They will probably be none the worse though but your taste tests have probably gone for a burton
I came, I saw, I composted

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 18:09:04 »
Poor thing! But a good lesson for others.  Hadn't thought about that possibility.

Can't help much here, but all your seedlings have identifiable leaves, as soon as they are true leaves.

Sprouts have 'stubby' leaves: cauli - & so maybe broccoli - have 'serrated' edge leaves.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 21:21:54 »
Bit late now I know but you could tie a guide rope or two over the whole greenhouse roof. :'(

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 10:30:51 »
mine is penned in for that very reason, when I first put it out there is was swaying this way and that.  I weighted it down with a heavy pot with a plegonium in it.  Its one I forgot to bring in over winter and I was suprised through the snow it still had green leaves on it, I felt guilty about leavig it out in the cold and thought I know I'll put it in the growhouse to warm it up a bit, and now it looks dead.  go figure.

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 11:41:39 »
greenhouse curently weighted down with big bags of compost and lots of pairs of boots

poor babies - they still look shocked

i was more upset than anything else and yes i swore

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 12:09:01 »
I try to put some nice heavy pots in the bottom of mine and avoid putting anything too heavy on the top shelf. That usualy helps, though I have had the same thing happen to me too. Last time it fell and something punctures a nice hole in the plastic. Lovely!!! >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal