Author Topic: Potting tomatoes on  (Read 7099 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Potting tomatoes on
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 23:48:33 »
I guess the thing is, when the plant gets stressed, it prepares to reproduce so it makes masses of flowers.  It is finding that fine line between stressing it enough to get oodles of fruit, or over stressing it, and watching as it keels over!

Charlotte Sometimes

• Half Acre
  • Charlie
    • Charlie's Homepage
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 17:13:47 »
Depends where you are, doesn't it?  Here in London it is nice and warm because of the pollution and so on I expect!  My tom seedlings are currently residing in an unheated leanto and they look perfectly happy.  The temperature in there should be fine, it gets a little warmth from the house and faces East/South-East.  Its going to get  a bit crowded in there soon, but I can put my zillion sunflowers in the greenhouse.

I think I am going to regret sowing my pumpkin and courgette so early though.  They're going to take up for too much room if they insist on growing so quickly! 
Interests: Vegetables, Annuals & Songwriting.  Click here to listen to Charlie's songs.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 00:20:56 »
Pumpkins & courgettes already? wow, I'll wait 'till May, hope you have plenty of room and warmth

Charlotte Sometimes

• Half Acre
  • Charlie
    • Charlie's Homepage
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 14:15:29 »
Pumpkins & courgettes already? wow, I'll wait 'till May, hope you have plenty of room and warmth

I have made lots of mistakes gardening, this isn't the first and probably won't be the last.  I was thinking of planting a couple out under cloches.  I'm sure I will find some way to sort it!

Alas, neither of my parents cared for gardening, so the size and growth rate of things often takes me by surprise.  I read a lot, but you cannot learn everything that way!  Next year, I will start them later.... I've learned my lesson now!!!  ;D
Interests: Vegetables, Annuals & Songwriting.  Click here to listen to Charlie's songs.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal