Author Topic: Robin Fledglings  (Read 3079 times)

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
Robin Fledglings
« on: May 08, 2015, 19:14:46 »
In the last couple of days I have seen 3 robin fledglings. The robins haven't used their box for some reason and not too sure where they are. Think maybe behind OH's shed. Anyway some advice as to keep the cats at bay (not mine I might add) Someone mentioned to me about putting down lemon and orange peel. Does it work?r

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Robin Fledglings
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:51:49 »
How lovely, robins are such cheeky chaps  :happy7:
Luckily for the birds here we rarely see a cat in the garden, what about one of those water pistols things? Doesn't do any harm but unpleasant for cats to stay in the line of fire.

I had a robin fledgling in the greenhouse last week for a few days, I saw the parents feeding so hopefully he made it safely to a better location.

Good luck with your robins.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Redalder

• Half Acre
  • East Cornwall, mostly clay and stones.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:14:04 »
Our Dog keeps cats out. Unfortunately we have magpies and they are worse than any cat. Found two headless blackbird parents and their dead offspring scattered across the garden yesterday morning. Not the first time this has happened. Now trying to train the dog to chase magpies!

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 17:07:01 »
I didn't realise how cruel Magpies could be! What a horrible ending for those blackbirds. I only hope that the robin fledglings survive and fly away! As for a water pistol, I would have to be on guard too much for my liking as the cats skulk round all times of the day!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal