Author Topic: Polytunnel going up.  (Read 2471 times)

French-Dream

• Half Acre
Polytunnel going up.
« on: November 03, 2014, 14:01:38 »
As we take over the adjoining plot to ours at the end of the year, that gives us around 155m x 5m, so we've gone ahead and ordered a polytunnel.

All I have to do now is erect the thing, I've dug the last of the spuds so I'm thinking that's the place for the tunnel. We're only allowed a 10' x 15' Polly....allotment rules, but I think it'll keep us happy. :toothy10:
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Polytunnel going up.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 14:14:15 »
We are only allowed 16' x 8' tunnels now since the new head of Council Allotments took over.

Here is a picture of how I laid out the  inside of  our 30' x 14' ( as I remember) communal tunnel, which is shared by about 8 people.

I used to have three of the beds but gave them up last January to people on the site that didn't have a greenhouse.

If I were having a tunnel myself, this is how I would lay out as it lends itself to a good 'Rotation Plan' situation, plus it is quite easy to tend the beds without walking on them.

PS Just thought you might be interested for when you lay out the inside of your new tunnel

French-Dream

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 14:56:08 »
Thanks a load Tee Gee...I've been planting the last of the garlic today also the winter beans...I'm going to pick up a bag of cement and half a doz bags of sand & gravel this Sat, I want to get stuck into the build next week. I like the layout in your tunnel,  I'll  try to remember to take a photo of ours & post.
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

Fireyerdead

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:06:35 »
Good content And like to have this time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal