Author Topic: Crittall Highlight conservatory  (Read 5640 times)

adniL

Crittall Highlight conservatory
« on: March 09, 2015, 17:11:39 »
Hello

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place?

Please can someone help?

I have just bought a second-hand greenhouse/conservatory (Crittall Highlight lean-to) but didn't anticipate how complex it would be to dismantle. Does anyone have (or know where I can obtain) the assembly instructions for this or similar model?

Thanking you in advance
Linda

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Crittall Highlight conservatory
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 23:15:21 »
I see there are some PDF's here that you could have look at, but I haven't opened any to see if any will suit your request!

http://www.crittall-windows.co.uk/range/9/homelight.html

Best of luck

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:40 »
http://www.elloughton-greenhouses.co.uk/index.php/articles/76-how-to-dismantle-a-greenhouse

^^ There is stuff like this on the web which describes in detail how to dismantle a greenhouse.  Some people manage to get the glass out then take the aluminium frame down in intact sections - but then you need a van to shift them.

You can also look at the great school of Youtube for help.

If you just turn up with a screwdriver it would be quite daunting but if you have a plan and a few friends who are a bit handy, it's still hard work but doable.  At least the weather is improving now.  Good luck.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:11:13 »
Probably obvious, please forgive the comment,  but with greenhouses it works to mark up every bit with every adjacent bit in all directions.  Different colours, arrows and numbers.  Plus taking photos at every stage with the markings showing on the photo or a good sketch with the markings, because there is a chance that the dismantling and the re-erecting do not happen within a day or so of each other.

Good luck and hope it all goes well. Stay safe too   :wave:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal