General > Pets Corner

Be careful

(1/2) > >>

ACE:
The dogs sleep out in the porch, so they can use the garden at night. Sunday night they were barking like mad, so as you do I shouted at them to shut up and locked them in the porch. Went out the next morning and found the gate had been tampered with. Talking to a neighbour he told me there had been some dog thefts going on.

So now a pick axe handle is behind the door and a padlock on the gate. Plus they will be locked in at night. Phoned the police, they did not even take my name and address. I told a friend who does dog traing and she even advised keeping them in sight during the day as well. There is a lot of it going on, stolen to order and then they take them out of the country to sell them.

I have not checked yet, but if you get a mysterious chalk mark on your gatepost, be aware.

Obelixx:
Sounds like a lucky escape Ace.  Our two - Wheaten terrier and Labrador rescue dogs - go out for a pee just before bedtime and then retire to their cages in the hall with a chew bone where they can bark at any naughty people who may try to get in but not run around and cause mayhem.     The daffy Labrador was a demon chewer and also not toilet trained when he first arrived but is good as gold in his cage so it offers security as well as comfort.   

cudsey:
The same thing is happening in South Yorks where I live I have also heard about the chalk mark I look after my daughters cocker spaniel while she works and it makes you very wary when she is off lead in the fields so we should all be alert

Silverleaf:
If anyone asks about your dog when you're walking or whatever, make sure to tell them it's old, spayed/neutered, has epilepsy which requires expensive drugs, isn't a purebred/pedigree, or anything that will make it undesirable as a breeding dog. The spayed/neutered one is probably best.

lezelle:
Hi Ya, It seems from this small input that it's a country wide thing this dog napping. There have been instances here as well where peoples dogs have gone missing. I keeps a good eye on ours though at 5 years old may be they are to old and both have been neutered. I have heard they take the more collectable dogs for breeding indeed one person is advertising for the return of their terrriers with a reward that have disappeared out of the garden. We tend to walk our dogs early morning but I have also been warned by other dog walkers. The chalk mark seems to be the way to note where dogs are living. It must be really heart breaking to loose a beloved pet. We have always had dogs and it's broken my heart to loose them via natural causes. My heart goes out to any one who has been caught. I would be very upset and if I caught any one I would be most willing to do time for maiming them. Still watch out all and pleas elets all take extra precautions and stay safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version