Author Topic: Fun out with NEW camera  (Read 3671 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Fun out with NEW camera
« on: February 10, 2015, 12:54:48 »
After taking the following piccies on the Stour on sunday with our new camera............

Cheeky little Robin.

Spooked this Heron but got him flying away.

Unusual to see him sitting in a tree.....Big Egrit

This fella was plopping in for his supper across the river.

Lovely little Nuthatch.....

Bridge over the Stour.........

Decided on a session today ...............

Went to Muscliffe,a Free section on the Dorset Stour.

Decided on my fav..."Stick float and Pin",soon had a few Dace and Roach
lining up on Red Maggot.

Heavier feeding had a few Chub to 1 1/2lb arriving......

Had my 1st Trout from the Stour but me not being a "Trout " angler
im not sure if it was a Sea Trout or Browny....Ill let you decide....
anyway.....it fought like stink and was about 1lb + and went back Ok !!!

The Chub kept coming........

Slightly bigger one to finish with..............about 2lb

Had a great few hours on a really nice winters day  !!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

gertie50

• Quarter Acre
Re: Fun out with NEW camera
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 14:13:22 »
Hello Gazza,

You take good photos aswell as Cook delicious food. (Well I've never tried your cooking but it always looks delicious).

The trout you caught does look like a brown trout and I've been told they put up a bit of a fight.
Fish for rainbow myself, but give them to my dad, he loves them, simply cooked with a little seasoning.

Look forward to seeing more photos.

Gertie.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 18:22:21 »
Nice pics. thanks for sharing.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:26:42 »
Cheers Gertie,im none the wiser on the Trout species,I bet that's fun catching them though,I have just been given a "Brook rod"
to practice with and a huge box of flies that I haven't got a clue what any of them are....hopefully this spring I can have a go
on our Local Dorset Stour or the Avon to catch my 1st fish on the fly.

Jude and I used to go to Bibury fish farm in the Cotswolds and buy the odd Rainbow for supper,I think we just plain fried it
very tasty though,I do Luv it in Pate.

Yes,im hoping the camera can create some happy memories.

Gazza

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 13:28:38 »
Your photos with the old camera were excellent - these are just spectacular.  The zoom is fabulous for those razor-sharp close-ups.  (or your hands are very steady).   :icon_cheers:

Ouch - that's a lot of plasters on your fingers - serious damage with one of those extra sharp chef knives?

...................keep 'em coming    :toothy10:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 19:27:05 »
Ye Gods NO Galina,the Diabetes has given me the "DT,s" 24/7 so we are greatful that the cam has excellent anti shake facility

and NO......no cheffy fingers nicks ...the plasters are from Psoriasis ,,,as my fingers become a war zone in the winter with
splitting and bleeding the norm....never mind......Jude thinks its funny when I come to bed with oiled hands inside surgical gloves
inside cotton gloves......I look like a snooker referee.....very amusing.....when the gloves come off during the night its hunt the
glove under the duvee.....  :tongue3:

firstofficerspong

• Not So New ...
  • South Devon
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 22:43:47 »
Good fishing Gazza! I have been an 'armchair fisherman' for too many years now having loved fishing since I was about 8 years old. Your photos might be just the thing to inspire me to get back out there! Thank you!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 22:50:40 »
Sorry to hear on both accounts.  Hope the warmer weather will help and improve your hands. 

Love the photo of the bridge and reflections.  it's not just the camera.  There is definitely talent and an 'eye' for a scene too.     :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 12:12:03 »
Lovely photos Gazza and congratulations on catching so many fish.   :icon_cheers:

I sympathise with your psoriasis and feel for you Gazza.  When I was a teenager, A long, long time ago, I had severe eczema on my hands and they would crack and bleed.  I also had to smear on this thick ointment given to me from the hospital and also had to wear special gloves in bed. 

Nothing helped until Synalar came out.  I was given ointment to begin with but it wasn't practical as I was working in an office so I couldn't use it during the day.  It was making a slight difference during the night though, so my GP prescribed Synalar Cream instead.  The eczema disappeared and that horrible cracking and bleeding went with it.   

It may well be worth your while mentioning Synalar cream to your GP if you haven't used it already.  It may not be suitable for other areas where you have psoriasis, but it may be able to help with the cracked skin on your fingers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal