Author Topic: Expensive photograph, and crochet  (Read 1262 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Expensive photograph, and crochet
« on: February 04, 2015, 15:16:49 »
Was my friends birthday Monday, she had a stroke and is in a home.  Difficult to buy for her, so decided to print of a photo of the two of us on holiday.  Not sure if this was a good idea as she can't walk now. She remembers the Sun holidays are out now and in her mind we are going walking again.
Anyway to cut a long story short, went to Sainsburys and got some photographic paper, and of course some seeds (new seeds now in) beware.  Then OH said we were out of coloured ink so went to PC world and got coloured and black ink and some screenwipes as he was moaning (as usual).
So £31 plus £18, then printed one photo which wasn't too good, then only half of the next came out.
Then the printer packed up and we need new heads (or whatever).  I say bring back Boots developing service.Well I suppose it will be sorted eventually.  I did manage to crochet her a bed jacket without arms as she is paralysed one side, so hope she likes it, also her sight is very bad, so not sure the photo would have been a good idea.  Her speech is better, and she had a good birthday and managed some cake, and said she wanted a poinsetter, sorry spelling, as thought it was Xmas, or whatever.  She had daffodils, so of again for a search.  At least she remembered my name and my allotment.  One has to laugh, the staff were brill, and gave her a lovely card and husband bought the dog, which I think she now recognises.
My first attempt at crochet, bright colours for her, for a bed shawl/jacket, sorry for boring you all.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
Re: Expensive photograph, and crochet
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 16:08:32 »
That's a fantastic first crochet project! I'd be ashamed to let anyone see mine (I'm much improved now) but you should be very proud of yours.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal