Author Topic: Flan Flinging moment !!!!!!  (Read 2065 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Flan Flinging moment !!!!!!
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:36 »
Had a bit of fun yesterday afternoon,knocking this flan up,dead easy but kept the troops fed at supper time.

Its just a plane ready prepared sponge base with Fresh Strawberries,Raspberries,and Blueberries with a strawberry glace
......okok...I allowed myself a small piece ...but the girls enjoyed it with crème fraiche.

It turned the clock back making it as Mum had made them for our family over 40 years ago so it was nice to see her face light
up when I brought it finished in the room..... :tongue3:

Fun in the kitchen

Gazza

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Flan Flinging moment !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:10 »
That would light up any girls face! Beautiful!
I could say no most of the sweet things....but not that sort of yummies, particularly if it is served with bit of whipped cream.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:07 »
We make that too - the 'kids' (in their twenties!) still insist on a smiley face with eyes, nose and a mouth.  This is a great way to use fruit from the freezer, although the obvious fruit for the mouth is half a banana!

A slightly more adult version it to use white wine for the jelly on top.  So good.  OH wants it for his birthday every year (which does coincide with plenty of fresh soft fruit from the garden).  To my surprise SIL wanted one for his birthday too.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 19:07:57 »
Looks fantastic Gazza, just needs a huge dollop of Cornish Clotted Cream!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal