Author Topic: Absolutely Knackered But Wuhoo!!  (Read 9164 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Absolutely Knackered But Wuhoo!!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 18:57:18 »
Back on plot to day to move my manure off the lotty road where it's been sitting for weeks until my back got better.  Felt crap this morning but again back getting better as day wore on, except for about the last hour but I kept going as the pile was getting smaller.  I managed to shift it all.  Hurray.  My husband is still on the plot putting up the second hand shed and it's nearly 7.00 pm - such dedication.

I'm going to log off now and get a well deserved glass of wine.   :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 19:14:23 »
Good stuff Nobbyman.  Congrats!  After a first good days digging on the plot, I discovered muscles that had lain dormant for many a year.  And everyone grows bubby, even if they don't like it, after all, makes great compostable matter, and the stems can be plonked in brassica planting holes to reduce the risk of clubroot, and I'm sure the leaves can be used for something....altho they are poisonous....is that it, an insect repellant....

A friend of mine soaks the leaves of bubby in water for a couple of days or so and then uses the water to spray on aphids

MM

Nobbyman

• Half Acre
  • The Monkey's Always Right!! (Brissle Here!!)
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 21:40:45 »
Hi all!!

Just got some Saxon seed potatoes today!!

Chitting them at the mo!!

Does anyone know when I should plant them - is it too late or early now!!

Nobbs xx

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 23:08:33 »
It's a second early and it says in the catalogue it should be planted from early March onwards.  I'd get them in - weather permitting o course  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal