Author Topic: Pretty Stormy here  (Read 2437 times)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Pretty Stormy here
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:01:25 »
Stormy night and pretty wet and windy here again this morning, still a bit too dark to see if there's any damage. Looking at the weather forecast its the theme for the week, don't expect to be getting anything done in the garden! Windier up country, hope everyone's ok.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
Re: Pretty Stormy here
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:36 »
Been very windy here for the last few days too. It's hard to sleep with the wind howling around like that.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:28 »
My little polytunnel has lost its cover.. Only replaced it last year - it may last a while once I get back on but all the ties are ripped so it will be difficult.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:46 »
Same here, some ferries have been cancelled or running a limited service. My wife has to cross to the mainland today for her work. But packed a small overnight case and will stay if it gets rougher

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:05:37 »
Goodbye plastic greenhouse, you have done very well and the cat loved sleeping in it or on the top of it.  May keep the shelving.  Even although it was against the house wall and bricked down the wind got to it and it took off.  Wonder if any of the plastic greenhouses have survived at the allotment but am not going up there today, too windy.  Seeds can go in the lean to although not going to plant many this year.  May change my mind of course, when the weather gets better. What happened to the boat ACE. Did they get all the cars off.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:41:13 »
My wee plastic greenhouses were blown away years ago so now I use the shelving for storing plastic pots -

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/Obelixx_be/media/1407%20garden/P1160928_zps6f1d286b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=116

Very windy here last night so between the howling and OH snoring, not a lot of sleep.   Our wobbly trellis fence is looking even wobblier but at least it isn't raining and the flooding has gone down in the paddocks across the road.   
Obxx - Vendée France

Redalder

• Half Acre
  • East Cornwall, mostly clay and stones.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 13:35:14 »
Just driven back from Scotland in horrible conditions. Last year we got back to find our v old oak down having just missed neighbour's house but all looks OK this year including green house ( was sure a branch would have come down on it). Rain coming down in a flood and tops of higher trees swaying madly but our sheltered Combe not too windy at ground level just sodden. Veg patch a combination of puddles and liquid mud so no chance of doing any work - seed catalogue in front of the fire seems best bet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal