Author Topic: It's all happening here  (Read 5390 times)

ACE

• Hectare
It's all happening here
« on: January 05, 2015, 17:22:31 »
Television crews, newspaper reporters, helicopters buzzing about,  small boat owners making a killing taking out nosey rubberneckers. They now reckon there are 1,500 jaguars and range rovers on board so there will be a few million  paid out in salvage rights. Crew were safe just one with a broken leg. I can see it from my house which is just off picture to the left and it is a lot bigger than it looks.

pumkinlover

Re: It's all happening here
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 17:43:41 »
There seems to be so many sad accidents recently.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 18:22:37 »
I saw it on the TV last night and thought of you ACE.  They were talking about ways of righting the vessel which seems to me an impossible task given that all the vehicles will now be on top of each other.  What a catastrophe!

I wouldn't like to be on board that blue boat in the foreground of the picture!

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 20:00:19 »
I heard that you could have one of the vehicles if you could drive it off and get it to dry land.

The biggest question must be "why did it list in the first place?".  I suppose they could have overfilled the fuel tanks!

Bill

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 22:25:44 »
I heard that you could have one of the vehicles if you could drive it off and get it to dry land.

Bill

You could do that on a spring tide as the sandbank is above water then. They have cricket matches on it and the morris dancers have danced on it. You only get about 20 minutes before it is under water again.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 01:00:51 »
I heard that the captain beached it on purpose because it was listing on the point of capsizing

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 14:18:37 »
I did not know that Ace.  Only problem is; will the ship still be there when we get a spring tide.

There is a concern that there will be a strong wind before they can get it off the sand.

I did see a report that there were bentleys on there.  Just wonder if they have it wrong and the deck is filled with the largest Mantis rotovators!

Or perhaps someone is trying to get the May voting papers away from the Country before the election takes place.

Bill

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 15:13:07 »
I can just see a lot of blokes stood around rubbing their chins and thinking "Now what?". That's some pickle to get out of!

Adrian
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 15:27:32 »
it's like Whiskey Galore, without the whiskey

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 16:22:53 »
Jaguars, Bentleys, Range Rovers, now that they want the insurance payoff. But I am sure it was full of Nissan Micras (spit)  when they loaded it. Still they will still be able to sell Micras as they will be battered about anyway after a couple of weeks use by the type of driver who has a micra. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 08:36:52 »
My mate who works on the tugs said it actually floated yesterday on the high tide. So it is going to be moved nearer to the mainland shore today at mid day. I will see if I can get some photos although it is very hazy across the water for any good ones.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:51:24 »
Yes pictures please and a couple of cars if any are going spare.  :happy7: :happy7:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 11:42:18 »
Yes pictures please and a couple of cars if any are going spare.  :happy7: :happy7:

Heh...I was just thinking same.. :toothy10:
I aint bothered with Jaquar, nor Bentley but if there is spare brand new Range Rover...ideally free..I would be happy to drive down to fetch it.... :icon_cheers:
If there is any room on Ace's yard for one....keep me one please, put the kettle on and I'll be down shortly.. :icon_thumleft: :tongue3:...oh I would not say no for Micra neither!!! :icon_cheers:

pumkinlover

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:29 »

Heh...I was just thinking same.. :toothy10:
I aint bothered with Jaquar, nor Bentley but if there is spare brand new Range Rover...ideally free..I would be happy to drive down to fetch it.... :icon_cheers:
If there is any room on Ace's yard for one....keep me one please, put the kettle on and I'll be down shortly.. :icon_thumleft: :tongue3:...oh I would not say no for Micra neither!!! :icon_cheers:

There is lots of talk of the posh cars but all I have seen on TV are JCB s. Useful in the right place but not for nipping to the supermarket.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 13:20:49 »
They did not try as there is a hole in the hull where a JCB moved and holed it. They have not shown the cars yet as they are supposed to be on another level. They will be a bit on the damp side now but a bit of a blow dry and Tcut the scratches, they should be alright. Get a free crab or lobster with each car.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 13:31:36 »
praps it's all a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear stunt gone horribly wrong

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 13:58:27 »
Have you seen the new model Range Rovers?   They're all squished and pokey.  Not like the proper ones at all.

I wouldn't mind a couple of free crabs though.  haven't seen any on sale round here since the local fishmonger retired a few years ago...........
Obxx - Vendée France

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 18:05:49 »
Mmmm wouldn't mind a nice JCB.  Stopped saving for one after I mentioned when I was a temp that it would take me about 20 years to save up for one if the work kept coming in at the going rate at that time of £3.50 per hour.  The whole office fell over laughing.  That was over 20 yrs ago and I still haven't managed to save up enough pennies for one.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 19:30:08 »
Gone! Looked out of the window and there was nothing there. I was out in the conservatory giving it a clean ready for the spring. Sat down with cuppa and did not notice at first. Then it dawned, somethings missing. They are going to moor it off of Turktown.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 19:56:35 »
most exciting thing to happen on the IoW since Queen Victoria broke wind in 1897

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal