Author Topic: All done  (Read 2052 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
All done
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:36:41 »
Arrived Tesco 5:45  Arrived Lidl 7:00  Lovely salmon from Morrisons.

No traffic jams, No fight for the car park, no queues for the till.  All the shelves full.  No hassle.

That's the way to do it. :icon_cheers:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: All done
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 10:48:42 »
Just got mugged (not literally) in Sainsbury's!  Off to the butchers now to pick up the turkey and then down to Bromley (god help me) to pick up pressie for my Dad.
Rather regretting meeting up with an old friend for a few beers last night!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:45:56 »
Not quite, need to go to the lottie for a quick raid this afternoon.   Fridge a bit full not sure where the sprout trees are going.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:22 »
We've 'been there and done that' yesterday morning...just missed bulk of the shoppers that started to come to the car park as we were leaving  :icon_cheers:
As the shops are only shut 2 days anyway...we just got few extra 'bits' to keep us going.
Pheasants are hanging in GH, waiting to be 'seen to'... lump of beef thawing in fridge...tomorrow it is just case of 'shoving' it all into oven with veggies and another job done.. :icon_cheers:
No stress here and all is well.... :icon_cheers: :glasses9:

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 13:19:56 »
Saintsbury's open boxing day so I bet the rest are. Why? So unnecessary give the staff a holiday for goodness sake.

French-Dream

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 13:33:23 »
Saintsbury's open boxing day so I bet the rest are. Why? So unnecessary give the staff a holiday for goodness sake.

Exactly!! my argument for years when I was at work, we had to work right up to chrimbo eve, between chrimbo & new year. While all the top knobs were sat at home eating & drinking, I hate this 24/7 life style we now have....never mind soon be chrimbo...
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 15:01:18 »
All I need to do is top up the bird feeders and have a go at baking a Yule Log tomorrow (it will be a first so I hope I get it right!)

My local LIDL is closed on 25th and 26th. Good on 'em!

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal