Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 6803 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 17:18:15 »
Huh...just stuffed my tummy with beef burger-tomato-chilli sarnies....YUMMY...tomatoes from GH are getting really ripe now and they are so sweet too, perfect with spicy burgers  :icon_cheers:

pumkinlover

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 20:43:06 »
Vegetable bake with garlic, carrots, pepper, oca, squash and tomato sauce all from the garden.
With sprouts and new potatoes.
I was pretty surprised too! I went to clear out my "failed" attempt at Christmas potatoes which got blight after being put late anyway. I had stuffed the tubs in the greenhouse and was emptying them out and there were spuds. Small spuds but they made a "boiling" !  :blob7:

jimc

• Quarter Acre
    • Jimc's Garden
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 02:08:18 »
A casserole with almost everything from the garden except for mince, salt rice flour and ginger.
The rest of the ingredients are:
Potatoes, carrots, peas, parsnip, beetroot, silver beet, celery, tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum, chilli, 6 types of mint, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, garlic, rosemary, oregano, marjoram and basil. I don't think I missed anything.
During winter I also use water chestnuts and arrowroot.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 14:15:26 »
Yesterday we had lovely sprouts and some sprouting broccoli too. Very confused, as I think I sowed calabrese but it has been giving me sprouting florets since November!! Very odd.

2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 16:00:36 »
Yesterday we had lovely sprouts and some sprouting broccoli too. Very confused, as I think I sowed calabrese but it has been giving me sprouting florets since November!! Very odd.

Yes the mild winter is confusing plants here too.  I sowed calabrese in 2013, had heads, left the plants in case there would be side shoots, got side shoots and then a lot more side shoots in spring 2014.  After a bit of a lull during summer, more during autumn and I have just now harvested another handful together with PSB that have put in an early appearance.  I'm not complaining  :toothy10:

Other than that I harvested kale, sprouts, leeks, celery and chard today.  Today's dinner will be chicken leg casserole with squash,  leek and chili sauce (sauce made with half a Rocoto pepper, a tablespoon of peanut butter and water).  With potatoes, steamed beans from the freezer and steamed PSB and PSB-alikes. 

The kale, chard and sprouts will be used tomorrow.  With smoked mackerel and (bought) carrots.   

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 19:02:43 »
Just had bacon ribs, boiled potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower in cheese sauce from the freezer  :toothy10:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 19:24:12 »
BURB! Just had some pheasant korma...with lots and lots of our own squash in it...garnished with some Vietnamese coriander that is growing on windowsill... :icon_cheers: YUUUUM!
Pheasant season is just coming to an end...though I still have few birds hanging in GH for few more curries....and 2 squashes left too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal