Author Topic: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (ITV)  (Read 2503 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (ITV)
« on: December 12, 2014, 10:09:38 »
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (ITV).  Did anyone watch this two part drama, based on the true story of Joanna Yeates murder in Bristol?  It had me reduced to tears.  It's so sad how people who are "different" can be treated.

If anyone wants to download it, the first episode was Wednesday night and part 2 was shown last night. 

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (ITV)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:33:08 »
Thanks for the reminder, I missed the first episode and didn't want to spoil the first part by watching last night. Hoping to catch it on download.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 10:35:21 »
Yes, I saw it Pauline and it upset me too.  I remember when the murder happened and
how everyone was convinced that 'the landlord' had killed her.

I'm glad you mentioned about part 2 being shown last night because I hadn't realised.
Definitely worth watching.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:02:51 »
Should perhaps not comment, as I only caught half of the second part and things had started looking up for Christopher.   

It harks right back to the dark ages of the 19th century when certain scientists were convinced that there is such a thing as a 'murderer's face and physique', and when many people were locked up in institutions all their life for being 'feeble-minded' just because they looked different.  The newspapers still haven't moved on.  But as always, it is us (and nobody other than us) who buys this trash and thereby perpetuate it.  There is a very simple solution  :BangHead:

I felt sorry for the boyfriend who, right at the end, had not managed to move on at all and planted a herb garden in Joanna's honour.  What a sad, sad story allround. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:05:14 by galina »

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 12:56:01 »
There was an interview in Radio Times which gave an insight into the quiet dignity of  Mr Jeffries.
We have it on tape to watch
It is frightening the influence of the gutter press in this country. I do know if it the same in other countries maybe some members on here can comment?

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 18:03:12 »
It wasn't just the Press as the Police were right out of order too.  They had divulged information to the Press which was on Christopher Jefferies' statement. There was no other way that the contents of his statement could have been leaked. 

The way he was treated by the Police was awful too and when he was finally released from prison, he went home to his flat to find everything in chaos.  All the hundreds of books from his complete wall of bookshelves, had been left discarded on the floor and some of them had been badly damaged. The walls around the door and around the light switch had been sprayed with the dark stuff used in the search for fingerprints. There was red and white tape everywhere and the floor was covered with polythene sheeting.       

Galina, Part 1 is well worth watching if you can download it.  It reveals so much about Christopher Jefferies, not just his eccentricities but his social and work life too.  In part 1, Joanna asks Mr Jefferies if she can use part of the garden to grow herbs, hence the boyfriend going ahead with it in her memory.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal