Author Topic: I love music  (Read 2203 times)

ACE

• Hectare
I love music
« on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:22 »
But there are certain singers and entertainers I absolutely refuse to listen to for more than a minute. Foster and Allen and Dolly Parton top the list.

Now in a moment of madness, but a thank you to Mrs Ace who has had to put up with my moaning and groaning in my recent illness. I have ordered their songbooks so she can strum her guitar and sing their songs. I am hoping her efforts will be a big improvement on the original performances, otherwise it's earplugs  for  me over the xmas period. She is a big fan of them and the cds are constantly playing in her titchy car as the cd player always seems to break down when she tries to play them indoors.

She went to a Foster and Allen show the other day and seems to have got an earworm which results in her singing A Bunch of Tyme whenever she is faffing about in the kitchen, not quietly but full volume, even the dogs run for cover. Perhaps these songbooks might expand her repertoire and give us all a break from it.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: I love music
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 10:32:41 »
Who are Foster and Allen?   

I don't think they get played on Belgian radio.   I take it i'm not missing anything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:35:39 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 10:54:50 »

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:56:34 »
Who are Foster and Allen?   

I don't think they get played on Belgian radio.   I take it i'm not missing anything.

Here they are...............and singing Mrs Ace's favourite too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BNE7gIerwg

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24:28 »
Ooh Yuk!!  I'm with Ace on this one.
Obxx - Vendée France

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 13:40:02 »
Oh ACE...you big softy...things you do for love... :love7: I do think your favourite colour is PINK... :love8:

Umm...I bundle F&A under same category as Daniel O-no-more-that-Donnell...not for me, though  they don't make me  :puke: neither..Dolly is ok  :glasses9:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal