Author Topic: Senior railcard rant and warning  (Read 2280 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Senior railcard rant and warning
« on: January 03, 2015, 13:49:37 »
My OH got a card from British Rail offering a £3 reduction for renewing online.  It was supposed to be less hassle but you first had to register the old card, and then put in your address which they already knew, since they send the offer, and then put in your passport or driving licence number.
All major hassle.  But in the end completed.

When the card arrived it was for the wrong date and did not carry on from the old card so he lost a whole month.    :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

So far they have had no less that 7 emails from me (and another 7 from them) trying to sort it out. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

First they want me to send back the card with a letter explaining the problem.  Which they know already.  Then they will refund the card but deducted £5.  Now they want a letter but say they might possibly wave the £5 charge.   :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

So if anyone is thinking of renewing online my advice is forget it and renew at the station.

Big thumbs down for British Rail from me.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 13:56:03 by Digeroo »

pumkinlover

Re: Senior railcard rant and warning
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 17:57:34 »
Sounds very annoying.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 23:42:07 »
I just could not believe when they said they would refund it but deduct £5.  Afterall they made the mistake.  And they have refused to reissue it with the correct date.  So I suggested cancelling it and starting again and that is when they suggested they would deduct £5. 

I also do not understand why they need a letter with the card,  Surely if they have made the mistake, they should receive the card back and send the correct one.  After all he has paid for a year so he wants a year, 11 months just will not do.

I do want to warn people not to renew cards on line.

Apart from anything my OH is disabled and is unable to write a letter.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 07:26:48 »
It seems the wrong way round .
 While you send the card back you cannot use it! You should get longer not less and a refund for inconvenience. Grrr..

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 08:54:10 »
Actually still got time on the old card.  Actually got time on two cards. :BangHead:   So if he wants to buy two tickets for the same journey he can get a reduction on both.  Brilliant. :BangHead: :BangHead:

I just cannot believe how difficult they are being.  You would think they would want to rectify their mistake. 

It seems to be a software error which does not seem able to continue the new card after the end of the old card.  After all surely that is the definition of renewing.   He was not simply buying a new card.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:47:25 »
I renewed mine online last month with no hassle & the discount, & it arrived within 2 days, I think you have just been unlucky, or perhaps I was just lucky!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal