Author Topic: Here I go...  (Read 1731 times)

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
Here I go...
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:07:08 »
I've finally got myself sorted. Have got some seeds into pots, zucchini, cayenne pepper, jalapenos, Chocolate chillies (thanks EJ), cherry toms, and capsicums, and a couple pumpkin seeds saved from soup last year. I'm so excited. Can't wait til they start popping out. Now, all I have to do is figure out where to put everything, and all the other stuff I've accumulated so far. Yay! Bring on Summer!!!!! ;D
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Here I go...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:43:18 »
This seed sowing lark is addictive and we seem to grow far more than we know what to do with.  I'm being more realistic this year  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:51:53 »
Half the stuff I try doesn't work, so I'm going with the 'more the merrier' approach this time. I remember reading how prolific zucchinis were for everybody on the board last year, and feeling terribly disappointed in mine, coz they were abismal. Although I think that's got to do with the grower than the plant. Never was very good at it... Have actually put more thought into garden prep this year though, so fingers crossed.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 10:23:42 »
'more the merrier'? - but NOT closer!!

Phil

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:29:00 »
I've got so many excess seeds I'm going to give some to my neighbour!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 22:38:31 »
Woohoo!  I was dissapointed with my courgettes last year.....only had a couple, same with cucumbers!  Did much better with my bigger squash.  This year, sowing double the amount of melons, cuces, and courgettes to see if we hit the jackpot.

Watched an old episode of the ornamental kitchen gardener with Geoff Hamilton this evening and he said that one chilli plant would produce more than enough chillis for anyone....hmm....should I thin out my 14 varieties of chilli then????

chrispea27

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 07:04:22 »
 ;D It is very tempting ,can always share excess with family and friends.
Chris Pea

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 08:54:58 »
I have 5 chillis from last year, and who knows how many seeds in this year. There's no such thing as too many chillies. Besides they freeze really well, and if I have too many, I throw them at friends...and I'm going to try my hand at chilli jam this year.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal