Author Topic: Makes you think!!  (Read 1681 times)

French-Dream

• Half Acre
Makes you think!!
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:19 »
This article Link has made me think..our waiting list has halved this year.  We only have 6 on our list at the moment....I've suggested at our last committee meeting that perhaps we should run a recruiting campaign.
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Makes you think!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:06:41 »
We had empty plots last year. 

But this gives me a good idea for filling the cold winter months with cupcakes.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:26 »
OH WELLL  :laughing4:
I would have never EVER thought to blame Mary Berry for that!  :icon_scratch:

But yes, we haven't had any names waiting on waiting list for sometime now and as result...few plots are empty.. and waiting.
Little while ago few plot holders did get 'THE LETTER' and looks like they are not going to improve their plots in a hurry....so come spring, we've got even more plots waiting for some brave soul to take them on.
I was already getting mentally prepared to take on extra one next to my plots...didn't really want it...but luckily 'young' lad with family 'army' appeared and in no time the soil has been turned over, rubbish cleared and hedges cut.. :icon_cheers: Early days yet, but promising results...I have feeling that he is a 'do-er'.  :icon_cheers:

French-Dream

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:53:39 »
With all the cooking programs that there are on the TV,  (not just cakes) you would think that folks would want to grow their own veg.
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal