Author Topic: cellulitis  (Read 19522 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: cellulitis
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2014, 08:44:33 »
I am not convinced that the actimel etc will do anything much until you finish the antibiotics as they will simply kill the good bacteria as well.

Please do not think of giving up the antibiotics too soon, discuss with your doctor.  Do make sure it has totally gone 110% before they stop.  I find that it has a very nasty habit of coming straight back.  The thought of ending the antibiotics is nice, but an extra week or two can be better than an extra month or two.     

Nice to hear you are managing to get out and about.  I had my cellulitis at strawberry time, so went twice a day to raid the strawberries and watch the weeds taking over.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2014, 18:30:23 »
That will be the IV antibiotics that have stripped your taste buds. Same happened to me when I had IV antibiotics for four weeks, everything tasted odd and it took me ages to figure out why! You will go back to normal though. Glad you are improving! :tongue3:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

pumkinlover

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2014, 20:58:57 »
Glad that you are on the mend!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:25 »
On the mend is right P.L. It might just be my frame of mind but I woke up this morning with what looks a great improvement. I was asked to play the concertina at a do tonight, just for an hour so I decided that it would be an easy thing to do. It lifted the cloud a bit, after nearly three weeks of moaning and being confined to the house, I am looking forwards to it.

I have small problem with my hand where the cannula went in, it feels like a lump under my skin, only noticed it when I slipped the concertina straps over my hand for a bit of practice. I hope there is nothing left in there, but will pop over the clinic later just to get it checked out. More than likely just a bit of internal bruising.

I keep planning a small trip  the allotment but every time I think I will go it starts hissing down and the paths  might just be a bit slippery to risk it.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2014, 09:06:52 »
Really good to hear you are on the mend, but also pleased to hear that you have developed a taste for popping to the clinic to check things out.   

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2014, 10:32:11 »
Don't worry about the lump on your hand where the cannula was, it will go down and return to normal with a bit of time.

Glad you are feeling better and in better spirits.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2014, 09:00:21 »
Would you believe I am still having problems. The calve muscle has never loosened up and now my thigh muscle is hurting. Swollen foot all the time, I have to wear shoes that are two sizes bigger than normal. Docs tomorrow to find out if this is normal. Mobile enough but not as far as I used to walk.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2014, 09:38:58 »
Docs tomorrow.
Not good  :BangHead: :BangHead:
suggest Doc today!!!!

I am not surprised it is a brute to get rid of it. 

Did they check you out for DVT?

For me this is not right.  Took some time to get over but did not leave swelling.
But yours got much worse in the first place.  Still got scarring from each incident - skin still wrong colour after several years,  hoped a bit of sun on it would help but has not faded. 

Certainly had to do some mild exercises to build things up again.

I still recommend that you get round to your doc faster in future if you have even a whiff of a problem.   IF you ask for an appointment then you have to wait, but if you say you NEED to see a doctor they should fit you in or a least ring you back and assess the situation.  Be persistent. 

If you have cellulitis once you will probably have it again. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:25 »
Na, tomorrow will do. It's that time of year again where he shoves his finger up my jacksie. (I know, to much information) So if I have to wait until tomorrow I ain't worried. Yep DVT, DDT, PMT and anything else with initials, I've been  checked for them all. Tomorrows appointment is to devise another test although last time he said it could be lymphosomething which they can't do a lot for. I think I might ask for my disabled car badge back, I gave it back years ago as I felt a fraud, but there are times when I think it would be handy now and again when it strikes with a vengeance.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2014, 20:11:42 »
Many sympathies. Have enjoyed your posts for years, and absolutely demand more of them. Do not give in......PMT???

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2014, 12:31:40 »
More tests on Monday, but the doc reckons it is lymphoedema and more than likely untreatable, so looks like a bit of a rethink for me on how to carry on my usual lifestyle. Not going to give anything up but certain activities will have to be moderated. It's a good job I only play the music for the Morris dancing my dancing days were over years ago. Although I did demonstrate a few moves last night when teaching the side a new dance. Long walks are out so I will drive to more interesting places for shorter walks. Planted some fruit bushes this morning down the lotty, just an hour but manageable. The Yeti in Pink Knickers is pleased my trips to the pub have been slightly curtailed. So apart from the discomfort I can manage it.

pumkinlover

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2014, 16:18:07 »
Have you got the nurses eyeing you up for stockings yet?

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2014, 17:44:48 »
And a bit of cross gartering would look nice too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal