Author Topic: cellulitis  (Read 19513 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: cellulitis
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:12 »
I do hope the hospital are sorting you out ACE.

I cannot believe how long it took you to get there.

Positive thoughts heading towards IOW

small

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 11:19:48 »
Seconded, Digeroo. Hope you're well enough to keep us informed, Ace, all the best.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 11:31:14 »
I hope your leg is improving, ACE and that you are now more comfortable.  Thinking of you and sending hugs.  Get well soon.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 12:37:43 »
Worried about you ACE, hospital the best place.  Don't forget to get your lap top out (if you have one) and let us all know you are feeling better.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 21:19:01 »
Need you back, and on form. Missing your razor sharp wit and repartee!
Whishing you a very speedy recovery
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 16:31:34 »
Heavens this does sound like an absolute horror! Not to boast but I think in France they never would have let him go home in that state.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 19:31:34 »
I had it May/June and actually had very good treatment here. 

pumkinlover

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 21:02:12 »
I have been in touch with Ace and he is grateful for your concerns. Still in a lot of pain "10 out of 15 leg and  still like a boiled lobster" and having to wear shorts ! Ace is on IV antibiotics still but they aren't a pleasant experience either.
Most worrying is he admits to not giving the nurses too much stick!! I expect that will change when he improves.
Digeroo I hope that you do not succumb again. How does turmeric help?

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 23:09:51 »
Sorry you are in such pain still, wishing you a speedy recovery. Those nurses won't know what's hit them!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 07:36:35 »
still like a boiled lobster" and having to wear shorts !

What a terrifying image!!!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 07:55:26 »
Nice to hear that Ace is still in the land of the living hopefully he will get his sense of humour back soon.  He will probably take some time to completely recover.  Cellulitis is not at all nice. 

Shorts?  Good thing I did not have to wear shorts. 

I do not know exactly what the turmeric does I think it is a natural antibiotic and has various health effects, I just googled home remedies for cellulitis.  After more than seven weeks of antibiotics I was getting rather fed up.  They make me feel very sick.  But every time I stopped them it started up again.  I have a friend who is so prone to it she has to have antibiotics permanently.   I did not think the turmeric would do any harm and I rather like the taste.  Maybe it was also the honey and yoghurt in it.  But it did seem to help.  When the antibiotics finally stopped I was worried that it would kick off again, so continued the turmeric tea for a couple of weeks.  Perhaps it was just the placebo effect.   The opinions of the doctors varied, one thought it was a good idea and another thought it was ridiculous. 

I was lucky because they can now do the intravenous antibiotics at home.  It is cheaper to send round the district nurse than use up a hospital bed.  But I was not as bad as ACE.  I saw the doctor in A&E and went home with a huge bag full of all the things I needed.

I was also given some prescription moisturiser but was not pleased with the ingredients list I thought it sounded like something you lubed the car with.   Nothing natural in it at all.  100% non organic.   So I used the turmeric tea with more oil in externally as well.    Turned the skin yellow for weeks.  Good thing I was not wearing shorts.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 10:16:30 »
Glad to hear you are where you can get some round the clock help, ACE, and hope you have a very quick recovery, though from Digeroo's experience, you'll probably be chomping at the bit to get out long before they say you're ready. And while you're resting, we'd all like to see a picture of you in your shorts!  :icon_cheers: Shorts sound preferable to the skimpy hospital gowns flapping open in the breeze.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 12:34:41 »
Glad to hear you are where you can get some round the clock help, ACE, and hope you have a very quick recovery, though from Digeroo's experience, you'll probably be chomping at the bit to get out long before they say you're ready. And while you're resting, we'd all like to see a picture of you in your shorts!  :icon_cheers: Shorts sound preferable to the skimpy hospital gowns flapping open in the breeze.

These are English shorts GrannieAnnie, not what is called shorts in the USA   :toothy10:

Thanks Pumpkinlover for keeping us informed. 

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 15:52:08 »

These are English shorts GrannieAnnie, not what is called shorts in the USA  :toothy10:

Thanks Pumpkinlover for keeping us informed.

What is the difference between shorts in the UK and those in the USA, please?  When I googled USA shorts they looked exactly the same as those found in the UK and both came in varying lengths as shown here:  http://clothing.bodenusa.com/search?w=shorts&asug=&bf=

I am even more confused now as I have come across this website:  https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A9mSs2ot8FhU4DkAF1ZLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaGwzcXNvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2lyMgR2dGlkAw--?qid=20100322130805AAJboHV

I agree with GrannieAnnie though that anything is preferable to the hospital gowns that open at the back, revealing the patients backsides when they get up and go for a walk in the ward.   :tongue3:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 18:27:15 »
Shorts sound preferable to the skimpy hospital gowns flapping open in the breeze.

Yeh had some of that, ordered pj shorts and my batman dressing gown, better than trying to get around with your @rse in the breeze.

As you can see the escape committee have sneaked me out although the false beard got lost in the real one. Another 14 days of strong oral stuff should see it off and the elevating the leg above the heart . I need a big steak and kidney pudding to push the heart down a bit. Drastic changes today, The heat has gone and now the itching is going to start. My own bed tonight in fact in the next hour  'heaven'

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 19:06:32 »
That's great news. Remember not to scratch when it starts itching- don't want to break the skin and start a secondary infection!

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 19:28:42 »
Nice to hear you have escaped.  Do keep looking after yourself.  Sounds like you are enjoying food again.  Enjoy your bed do not forget the blocks under the end to raise it up.  And as YorkshireLass says no scratching, if necessary wear long socks on your hands at night.  Gloves come off.

I  did not think that shorts were different in the us.  Its pants that are the real confusion.  They call trousers pants.  For my daughter anything substandard, unfair or disappointing seems to be pants (as an adjective) as well. 

14 days of strong oral stuff
I do hope that this works for you.   Seems very short time to me.   

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2014, 19:33:40 »
Outer garment vs foundation garment.  UK shorts are outer garments.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2014, 19:37:31 »
Ace, get better fast.   :wave:

pumkinlover

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 20:11:01 »
Good advice from Digeroo. You can scratch in your sleep! Glad you are home again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal