Author Topic: Deep fryer recommendation  (Read 2357 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Deep fryer recommendation
« on: December 06, 2014, 11:07:05 »
I'm looking for recommendations for a fat fyer and am a bit undecided. I love chips but need to cut down on fried food so was looking at a Tefal Actifry but then I also want to be able to do battered fish etc so thought I might be better off with a De'Longhi F26237 Deep Fryer which can be popped in the dishwaher after use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Cheers!
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Deep fryer recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 14:16:38 »
Oven chips!!   
Obxx - Vendée France

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 14:25:37 »
We've considered the Actifry and Airfrier machines, but in the end decided that they were too limited in what they'll cook, so we use a traditional fryer with a removable bowl that's easy to clean.

I've just looked on the Which? website.  Their best buy is a DeLonghi PremiumFry F34412CZ, at around sixty quid.  It sounds very good, and is easy to empty and clean.  Which? like the Actifry as well.

The Delonghi  F26237 doesn't come out of the tests so well.  They say that it's inconsistent (some of the same batch will be undercooked, others overcooked), difficult to empty, and difficult to keep clean.  But it's half the price of the PremiumFry model.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 19:01:33 »
Oh has bought a DeLonghi F28311 today, based only on price as it was on offer at Argos . Will let you know if it's any good!

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 21:30:32 »
Thanks for the replies, good to get some feedback too.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 18:08:55 »
I got one of these recently.  It is completely washable and does the best chips with its twice fried setting.
However it isn't cheap but I love it.  It overheats the oil a bit so that when you add food the temp is still right to cook them
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal