Author Topic: Ultimate Pizza Sauce  (Read 2319 times)

French-Dream

• Half Acre
Ultimate Pizza Sauce
« on: December 02, 2014, 06:03:43 »
I cooked a batch of this sauce  two weeks ago and WOW, what was left I popped in the freezer, that's  now gone also. If you enjoy pizza, or any pasta based meal that calls for a tomato sauce this is the one folks.
The reviews say it all, I'm going to do another batch today to go with the meat balls for this evenings meal.
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Ultimate Pizza Sauce
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:20:52 »
There is quite a bit of celery in this recipe, perhaps that 'makes' it  together with oregano etc.  Unfortunately the composition of tomato juice and concentrate can be so different, the result might still be variable.

Did you make the juice from your own tomatoes?  Unfortunately my own dried oregano this year smells like hay rather than authentic Italian (no idea what happened there), but I love celery as part of a tomato sauce.  We eat the stalks and use the leaves for cooking, also goes well in soups. 

I don't know why but tomato sauce always tastes better 'second time round'  Reheated after a day in the fridge or after a stay in the freezer, its flavour is soooo good.  I wonder whether reheating just concentrates flavours by evaporating more moisture?

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 12:40:28 »
We are sure that any curries sauces soup and stews etc improve by keeping :happy7:

French-Dream

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 13:04:33 »
There is quite a bit of celery in this recipe, perhaps that 'makes' it  together with oregano etc.  Unfortunately the composition of tomato juice and concentrate can be so different, the result might still be variable.
Did you make the juice from your own tomatoes?

I did it to the recipe and all seemed ok to our taste buds, the reviews talk about the Fennel seeds that's added, this seems to be the magic Ingredient. I did use our own tomato juice from the freezer.
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate.   

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal