Author Topic: biquinho chillies  (Read 5259 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
biquinho chillies
« on: June 17, 2016, 20:11:04 »
Hello chilli fans :wave:
I have been lookng for a mild chilli that i can use in salads mostly this has been a failure becuase home grown chillies have been to hot. This year I bought an unwins variety called biquinho. Im wondering if anyone else has grown this and if it is truely a mild heat?
Im growing it spearate to my hot chillies in the hope of saving some seeds and having salads that dont burn to much!
x sunloving

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: biquinho chillies
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 13:09:30 »
I don't know that variety, but one tip would be to harvest as soon as they're big enough. The longer you leave them on the plant, the hotter they'll be.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:18 »
A new one on me too, just had a look at unwins site, they look lovely and very cute  :happy7:

General descriptions available seem to say mild types, though my idea of mild and a real chilliheads idea, would likely be poles apart!

I think Biquinho sounds like it could be a winner, could be great for pickling too? Let us know how this variety does and tastes  :wave:
I'm growing a couple of very mild types (Trinidad Perfume, Pink Habanero and Aji Habanero) for similar reasons.

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 22:56:08 »
Thanks! for the advice.
Im about to deploy the netting around a pot of four of the plants and so fingers crossed will have some seeds to share later on.

I like a mild chilli for chilli jam and for salads but often get burnt instead!
I mostly grow the hot common ones for drying in flower arangements and wreaths as they can be so prolific.

After the hot dry spell we had in early june here things are looking great and most of my peppers are flowering! Im about to ruin this by going on holiday and leaving them outside
Heres to lots of pretty peppers any day now fingers crossed!. x sunloving

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal