Author Topic: Allium bulbs from EBay  (Read 1640 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Allium bulbs from EBay
« on: October 10, 2014, 14:11:54 »
On EBay, I ordered some blue allium bulbs from a garden shop near Oxford.  There should have been 15 bulbs but one of the bulbs was squashed and dried up.  Three or four of the remaining bulbs are very small and some are a bit brown.  They look as though they could be old stock.  I rang the shop twice but connected to an answer phone each time.  In the end I sent them an email but they haven't replied. 

They were £3.75 to purchase, so not a lot of money, but I am a bit aggrieved that they are ignoring me.  Meanwhile I have ordered some from Thomson and Morgan who state that their blue allium bulbs have a 4cm circumference.  Much bigger than some of those received from the garden shop.

I am uncertain of what to do next.  Should I just drop the matter or try emailing them again?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 14:14:12 by Paulines7 »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Allium bulbs from EBay
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 17:57:27 »
I'd say you should contact ebay.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Allium bulbs from EBay
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:13:24 »
I looked on the EBay site and I would have had to pay postage if returning them through them, so I emailed the shop again using another email address that I found on their site.  They replied straight away, apologised and credited my PayPal account immediately.  They looked at their remaining bulbs and agreed that they were not up to their usual standards and were very small.  They didn't want the bulbs returned.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal