Author Topic: Birthdays can be hard work!  (Read 1537 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Birthdays can be hard work!
« on: October 12, 2014, 19:36:16 »
Blimey I'm knackered!

It was my lovely wife's 50th this weekend and I think the years are starting to tell.
Thursday was off to drinks after work in the city - a really nice bunch but one too many beers and a kebab on the way home.

Friday - Off to a nice hotel for lunch with the in-laws followed by a massage, sauna and swim.  A few drinks at the bar, more food and off to a very contented sleep.  Got woken up by a fire alarm at 5:30 and had to evacuate in the rain!  :BangHead:

So a long day yesterday with 25 people over for curry and beer!  Threw the last one out at 4 am - 2 hours after I went to bed. 

Lazy day today with my oldest friend and my goddaughter but I feel like I need my bed.  Still we have plenty of curry and beer to see me on my way!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Birthdays can be hard work!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 21:46:34 »
 :laughing7:

Blimey...!...just knackered!?
That amount of social activity would have finished me off !

Sounds like it was fun...we'll almost all of it.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:59:46 »
Sounds great but exhausting! What a social whirl. Like goodlife that would do me in! Hope your wife enjoyed it :drunken_smilie:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:06:20 »
Luckily we both have the day off today and all we have to do is the feed the chicks and go to the cat rescue center!
Oh and make chips in our new deep frier!  Yes - I bought my wife a deep fat fryer (among other things!)
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal