Author Topic: Wilkies seeds  (Read 3070 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Wilkies seeds
« on: October 04, 2014, 20:09:56 »
i don't know if it's the same in all Wilkies shops but in our local one seeds were 75% off  :icon_cheers:. Not that I need anything of course :toothy10:.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Wilkies seeds
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:21:49 »
Ah you evil temptress, I'm going to Park Farm tomorrow, now I will have to divert to the Wilco's there.......it doesn't matter what seeds you actually need, they are an investment (that's how I justify these things to myself anyhoo.....!)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 18:59:04 »
Looking to the future would you say Deb :icon_cheers:? I wish John would see it that way. Someone had mentioned a sweetcorn, incredible. Saw it & thought it would be rude not to buy. If it
takes you out of your way phone first to make sure, I don't know if all shops reduce the same. Last week they had 8' canes, £1 for 10.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 18:03:43 »
Thanks! Just been to the Chesterfield store, seeds labelled half price. I took a couple of packets to the till and they came up much less, so I went back and grabbed some more!

£28.50 worth of seeds for £6.30, that sounds pretty good to me. :)

Of course I got some things I would never buy at full price, including some Johnsons seeds which I almost fainted at when I saw the RRP. But I'm happy with a pack of runner beans for 70p, for example, even when Wilkos own brand runners are now 40p!

Also I got a couple of F1s which I don't normally go for, because I don't think they're worth the extra money. Worth a try!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 23:27:38 »
Here in Derby all the seeds were 75% off today, hurrah!
Bagged myself some cucumbers, sweetcorn, PSB and peppers, some were only 20p after the reduction, bargain! Lots of flowers left too so stocked up a bit, thanks for the heads up!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 07:57:36 »
Just been to the Chesterfield store
  Well done Silverleaf hopefully this will make up for the lack of a local Wyevale.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 18:44:23 »
Hope there are some left when I go to Leeds on Friday-  I was too late for Wyevale, only got 4 packets!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 12:30:39 »
Oh no! You have to watch Wyvales like a hawk to get there early when they reduce the seed prices and whilst they are still on the racks, it makes browsing so much easier than having to rummage through buckets of packets!

They were early this year so I shall start visiting a bit earlier next year to keep tabs!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 22:54:59 »
Wilkos, where I live are all but sold out when I went today, missed out on everything BOO HOO.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 06:59:46 »
Not much left in Swindon though did get a packet of Hurst Green Shaft and a watering can with a nice big handle for £2.  The watering can I have already is really annoying because the idiot who designed it was not wearing gardening gloves when it was tested.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal