Author Topic: Stroking  (Read 3776 times)

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Re: Stroking
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 23:22:59 »
Looks like you're all set Tim, now some water sprinklers and you'll have wind and rain hehehe.

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 21:01:39 »
regarding talking......last year, I had a test trial with three lots of tomatoes - one lot got praised and encouraged ---'ohh look at you in your little green lives' that sort of stuff. The next lot were abused 'useless leggy old sods' and the third lot ignored. Definately, the ones that were talked to were sturdier so I had to conclude that the most important bit was just the actual contact - breathing out lots of helpful carbon dioxide. Yes, I know this is a bit sad, i also did a music test but noticed no  difference - might have been playing wrong stuff though....must set up a trial with folky stuff versus heavy thrash/death metal.....hmmm

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 21:41:20 »
I am afraid to say I have started errrmm "stroking" my seedlings yesterday.  If my hubby knew, he would say I am crazy !

However, they have now grown their second set of leaves !  So I reckon.... it works !! :o
 :D ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 23:38:40 »
I brush my seedlings, not regularly, just as I am passinng through, and I am forever moving the trays about so they do get wiggled and jiggled, and all the time, I am chattering away to them.  This is the saddo saddest of sad things tho....when I go to the greenhouse and see brandnew seedlings appearing in a once baron seed tray, I always welcome them to the world and congratulate them on breaking out!  I shall retire now as the men with white coats have come a-knocking at the door........ ;)

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 09:03:45 »
Not tried stroking, but did wish each of my early seed potatoes good luck as i planted them on Friday (I'll go and lie down...) and congratualted my seedlings this morning for popping through overnight, (where are those tablets...).
Dawn

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 12:05:24 »
i'm always talking to mine [laugh]

will stroke as soon as some have germinated!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal