Author Topic: Proof that vandals are really stupid  (Read 1833 times)

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Proof that vandals are really stupid
« on: March 19, 2005, 21:23:34 »
As some of you know, we take all glass out of the greenhouse before winter because vandals can cross the frozen canal and get on the rail road embankment that runs alongside our lottie. Plenty of stones on the embankment to throw and break the glass. We learned the hard way that first winter when almost all windows were broken.

They must have thought that the windows were very clean and it took them eleven stones to figure out that there was no glass in the frame. Ah, it's nice to know that all the extra work of taking out the glass was not for nothing but still frustrating to know that it's necessary.

Marianne

• Hectare
Re: Proof that vandals are really stupid
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 21:27:35 »
Ina,
I am afraid that is the way it goes nowadays.  You have to always watch your back and make sure you are one step ahead of the vandals!

It's a pity it's illegal to wire the metalwork to a car battery - that would teach them!
 >:(
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 22:05:14 »
Wouldn't it be nice if they lived in glass house's >:(

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 22:07:46 »
I cannot understand why they have to destroy everything.  It's the same down here at the place where I work.

They have to leave their dirty marks wherever they go.  Unfortunately, most of them are young children !
 :o >:(
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 05:32:22 »
Actually, I was a bit surprised that they didn't cross the ice of one more narrow canal to get on to the allotment and flatten the frame of the greenhouse. Just out of spite that we took away their pleasure of breaking the glass.

For the newbies here, this is what happened the first year we had the greenhouse.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 08:51:32 »
You only have vandals, Ina - I let the car run backwards into ours!!

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 15:57:06 »
Oh no, did you realy do that Tim? Not recently I hope.
Still, I think I could take it a little better if I could blame myself for the damage.
Do they drag that story up, over and over, on birthday gatherings of your family and you become the laughing stock again and again? That's often worse than the damge itself no? Hehehe.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 17:41:18 »
Tim    If I'd reversed the car into my greenhouse (if I had one that is) I'd blame the vandals  ;)
I came, I saw, I composted

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal