Author Topic: Poly tunnels from eBay. The ones with the green reinforced covers.  (Read 4531 times)

crymlyn

Hi I have seen poly tunnels for sale on eBay. The ones with the green reinforced covers,they are quite cheap and I wonder if anyone has used them and if so are they any good

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Hello and welcome to A4A.

I bought the 6 m x 3 m one, with the 25mm tubing frame 3 yrs ago.

The frame is quite robust but the plastic cover was perished after 2 seasons and the ground was covered in small squares of plastic.

So I made a wood door frame and bought polytunnel plastic sheeting to recover it this year.

Overall, I think they are good value for the price, £120 from one seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130851842524?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mine was on open ground in full sun all day.  If yours is sheltered, you might get 3 years.  Be aware that once you set it up, there is no moving it, you would never get the cover back on.  Also, you need to sink it in the ground to make sure it stays put in the wind.  So if you are tall, you'll be stooping down all the time.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
I thought of getting one from Garden Centre Group (ex wyvale) when they were reduced to half price, it was last week as well.  But now sure how long the plastic lasts.  And worried about it blowing away.   

claybasket

• Hectare
hi ,our lotty friend in the plot has just bought the Wyvales half price pollytunnel  he to attached wood with a metal poles and put a wooden frame of decking strips and its solid and put bricks on to the plastic covering he hopes to get two years from this and then get proper polly tunnel plastic on the internet ,he's delighted with his ,we went for one yesterday the offer was done ,but the lad there said they are alwas on half price .

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
I had a 4.5m x 2m one the first year I moved into my house... used it as a way of working out what I wanted to do about siting a greenhouse. It worked well the year it was at the house, but the cover didnt' survive me moving it to the allotment... it was pretty cheap though, and helped me a lot and I got a decent crop of tomatoes and peppers out of it too, but probably not enough to justify even its modest price...

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Poly tunnels from eBay. The ones with the green reinforced covers.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 20:28:38 »
I'm thinking of getting one, putting a proper door on since the zips seem to be a weak point then re-covering with polytunnel plastic once the cover goes.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal