Author Topic: Bream Fillets with Pancetta and Sweet Potato Mash  (Read 2667 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Bream Fillets with Pancetta and Sweet Potato Mash
« on: August 02, 2014, 23:02:31 »
A Top fish that deserves a tasty combo of ingredients and this fresh balanced recipe hits the spot  !!!!!!....also equally tasty with Bass Fillets

INGREDIENTS

2 Fillets of Sea Bream
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds Crushed
100g of Pancetta Pieces chopped small
1 Fresh Lemon Zested and the juice saved
2 Shallots chopped fine

SWEET POTATO MASH

350g Sweet potatoes Peeled and cut into pieces
1 Lime
1 Tbsp Mango Chutney
1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
Small Bunch Coriander,Chopped
1/2 Fresh Red Chilli,seeded and chopped fine

Extra Veggies for steaming
Olive Oil
salt and pepper

Assemble Ingredients

A fair sized Sea Bream of 1 to 2lb will feed two persons.

Scale,Fillet and pin bone your Bream.

First we want to Heat the Oil in our pan/wok and crisp the Pancetta Pieces
then add the chopped shallots and cook through till Golden,now set aside.

Now we want to make our sauce to go with our Sweet Potatoes,
Mix together the,Mango Chutney,Dark Soy Sauce,small bunch coriander chopped fine,and the chopped chilli,plus a good squeeze of the Lime juice and finally season well.

Cut the Sweet Potato into large pieces and Steam for 15 to 20 minutes until softened and cooked through,you can add your other extra veggies for steaming also.

Once the Sweet potatoes are cooked,roughly mash them into the sauce you made earlier and combine together and keep warm.

Re heat the remaining Pancetta flavoured oil and place the seasoned  fish fillets in skin side down,press a spatula on the fillets to get a nice crisp skin,after three minutes sprinkle the lemon zest and Crushed Fennel seeds over the fillets.......turn the heat off,now turn the fillets over and the residual heat will finish cooking them through...at the last minute add your
Pancetta and shallot mixture to the pan to warm through.

Plate up some of the Sweet potato mash and add your extra steamed veggies,lay your Bream fillet on and sprinkle with the Pancetta and Shallot onions,add some extra chopped coriander and a good squeeze of lemon.

"Bream Fillets with Pancetta and sweet potato mash"

Don't just use for fish the mash is really nice with Sausages or Pork Chops  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Gazza

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Bream Fillets with Pancetta and Sweet Potato Mash
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 07:31:37 »
I don't really eat fish (looks smashing though) but I'm intrigued by your sweet potato mash. I've never tried it with a 'sauce' mixed in sounds like it could be yum. Do you think it would work with squash instead? I have a few left from last year which will need eating soon or perhaps it could be a glaze to finish them off when roasting?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:19:02 »
Don't know is the quick answer,im a Sweet spud Luvver and have a few on the go in the garden that will hopefully get
the sauce and mash treatment during the colder months with a "cut of meat".

I try to combine the vegetable extras so it goes with "Fish or Meat" so anybody ,who like you, don't enjoy fish may like to
try the veggie part with something different.

Tween you and me on a Monday nite,left over sunday veggies with some of the sweet potato and mixed with some of the sauce is a killer with cold cuts of Chicken Breast or gammon slices....you know the "leftovers"

I would say its best to try the mashed sweet tatters then add "some" sauce and try it....just to see "if " you like it,then add more to taste ...im pleased the two ladies here enjoy it so job done....pheeew !!!!

of course you can play with the amounts in the sauce to find what combo "Tickles your tastebuds"

Gazza

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:40:18 »
Thanks Gazza, will have a play and see where it goes  :toothy10:

Have to say I love the leftovers from a roast next day nearly as much as the dinner itself!

I try to combine the vegetable extras so it goes with "Fish or Meat" so anybody ,who like you, don't enjoy fish may like to
try the veggie part with something different.

Gazza

Absolutely, it's so nice to see and hear about your dishes, ideas, recipes and flavour combinations  :happy7:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal