Author Topic: After the rain  (Read 1593 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
After the rain
« on: June 29, 2014, 16:33:48 »
Have you ever noticed how after a shower of rain, or in this case a couple of days of rain, how picturesque it makes all the shades of green in the garden look?

Then when this scene is punctuated with a few colourful flowers how different a garden can look.

I was looking out of the kitchen window this afternoon as was quite happy with what I saw so I thought I would catch some of the sights on camera.

You will notice I have taken a few pictures of the same area, I did this simply because I think that quite often something can look quite different when taken from a different angle, as you can see here;

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/tgalmanac/slideshow/29th%20June%202014

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Re: After the rain
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 20:49:54 »
Very nice photos TG ....what have you sown in the greenhouse?

duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: After the rain
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 22:07:09 »
what have you sown in the greenhouse?

As I mentioned in another thread I sowed quite a bit of stuff this morning e.g.

Winter & Spring cabbage,spring broccolis and cauliflower plus jap onions.

I also sowed some Delphiniums,Wallflower and Sweet William plus a catch crop of lettuce.

I have sown some of these a bit earlier than I usually do so here's hoping we have another short and relatively mild winter.

As I mentioned in the other thread I sell a few of my plants to cover costs so I want to get size into them so that they will sell easier.

After I had finished sowing I was really surprised to find I had filled 450 cells and all I need is around 200 - 250 plants so hopefully I will have plenty of decent plants to sell!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 22:10:20 by Tee Gee »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal