Produce > Under Glass

Seedlings

(1/3) > >>

Shoyu:
Sorry folks, this is probably a REALLY basic question!

I have some seeds growing on my windowsills at the mo. Some are yet to germinate, others like the tomatoes and sweatpeas are making a bid for world domination! A couple of trays (lavender and petunia) started really well, and while they are still alive, they are not looking as bright and vigorous as they were a day or two ago. I'm misting them with water twice a day and turning them daily too. Am I worrying about nothing, will they perk up when they get their "proper" leaves? Or have I done something wrong.

I have grown from seed before, but I've obviously picked more robust beasties before. Any suggestions/advice gratefully received.

wardy:
Are you watering and misting or just misting?  I generally water seedlings from the bottom and take them out of the water when the surface of the compost is wet and then let them drain  :)

Shoyu:
Hmm, just misting so far. I was worried about overwatering. The trays feel reasonably heavy so there is some moisture there, but maybe not enough?

chrispea27:
Are they in v good light?
Which direction do they face ?
They may be short of light.

teresa:
Petunias and lavender do not need misting just watering from the bottom when needed. How about putting them outside if warm in a safe spot no wind or pets and bring them in at night giving them all round daylight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version