Author Topic: Eviction help  (Read 11852 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Eviction help
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 05:39:16 »
https://www.cps.gov.uk/victims_witnesses/going_to_court/sentencing.html

Quote from the above webpage of the Crown Prosecution Service

1.Absolute discharge - no further action is taken, since either the offence was very minor, or the court considers that the experience has been enough of a deterrent. The offender will receive a criminal record.

I think you should forward a copy of your eviction letter saying he is innocent to the court.  The experience does not seem to be enough of a deterrent.

Ask your solicitor if he is also liable for your legal expenses.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 07:21:49 »
From the CPS web site: 

What happens if the defendant tries to intimidate me?

Intimidation of witnesses is a criminal offence and although rare is viewed very seriously by the courts. You must report it to the police or your witness care officer immediately. This will be investigated and can lead to further charges for the defendant.

Go to the police and report what is happening to you.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:30 »
I agree with Unwashed that the police is the right way to go.

I personally think his actions issuing you with an eviction notice is some kind of contempt of court or misconduct.  He should not be using his position as secretary to wage a personal vendetta.

He also should not threaten to evict people who discuss his public humiliation at the hands of the court.  If they have given him a criminal record that is a matter of public knowledge.

Do not give up quite yet.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 08:25:03 »
I think moving on is a good idea. At your age you should be able to enjoy your allotment. I don't think that you would have been able to stand the harassment from this person because they would not have given up until you were gone. Some people don't like to be challenged and if you had stayed then you would have been a constant reminder of his insecurities.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:32 »
He now has a criminal records which will last for six months.
cheers Digeroo very help full and interesting  :thumbsup:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 11:10:19 »
I am so pleased that you have found a new allotment.   :blob7: 

Do you have any friends or family to help you move things such as your greenhouse?  My OH and I would help if we lived nearer but we are 300 miles away.  Maybe there are some A4A members who live in the Newcastle area who would lend you a hand.

Good luck with your meeting today.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 13:04:14 »
From the CPS web site: 

What happens if the defendant tries to intimidate me?

Intimidation of witnesses is a criminal offence and although rare is viewed very seriously by the courts. You must report it to the police or your witness care officer immediately. This will be investigated and can lead to further charges for the defendant.

Go to the police and report what is happening to you.
been to the police and the police went to see him! in the eviction letter its stated as I went to the police and no charges are made by the police then that's one of the reasons why I received the eviction 

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 18:34:32 »
I still think moving is the best idea.  He will forever continue to bug you one way or another.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 19:33:58 »
I still think moving is the best idea.  He will forever continue to bug you one way or another.
If the true was known with a criminal record of assault the council should remove him as per the rules/ constitution as other plot holders could be under threat

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 13:33:13 »
If the true was known with a criminal record of assault the council should remove him as per the rules/ constitution as other plot holders could be under threat
Well Well Well it came across at the meet they are under impression he is innocent what chance have I  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: 
 from CPS Letter Quote"  At the hearing on xxx xxxxxxx xxxx at xxxxxxxx Magistrates court ,xxxxxxx xxxx pleaded guilty to the following charges: = Assault by beating
the Defendant has been given a Absolute Discharge. This indicates that the court considered that the most important issue here was the appearance of the defendant at court,the conviction and the formal recording that the defendant had committed a criminal offence" unquote"  is that pure English or am I missing some thing ????? :sign5:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 13:51:02 by vidcare »

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 21:52:27 »
I read the full reference to the sentence passed from the Crown prosecution service website and draw members attention to the full text herewith:
I consider that the convicted party is exceedingly lucky to have received such a sentance,and in my opinion, is unlikely to receive such treatment in any subsequent appearance for any future transgression.
 Victory? , oh No !
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 18:47:12 »
I read the full reference to the sentence passed from the Crown prosecution service website and draw members attention to the full text herewith:
I consider that the convicted party is exceedingly lucky to have received such a sentance,and in my opinion, is unlikely to receive such treatment in any subsequent appearance for any future transgression.
 Victory? , oh No !
We'll sent off a letter of appeal to the Committee  and the reply was The committee reiterates the original decision to evict by 31st March 2014  no mention of a appeal hearing  :BangHead:

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 23:57:27 »
We'll guest what I had a visit from the police today and I have to visit the police station on Saturday the Sec has fingered me as the culprit apparently his front door of his house has been damaged  ? so I am going along with my solicitor on Saturday     

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 21:17:07 »
I hope things have been sorted out favourably for you Vidcare. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal