Author Topic: What snacks in the shed  (Read 1773 times)

rogertb

What snacks in the shed
« on: April 21, 2014, 15:43:27 »
Hi chaps, hope this is the correct forum, I wondered what nibbles you all keep in the shed, I have a gas ring so van make tea (when I remember to take milk) and I have a jar of bovril and hot chocolate (for comfort) ... I also had some pot noodles but my wife tells me that they are a no no ... anyone have hot snack ideas that are acceptable ?

Best Roger

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: What snacks in the shed
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 16:04:49 »
Have a small pan and add little bit of water> collect greens/veg/herbs from the plot and cook them a bit>take noodles out of the plastic pot and add to your 'veggie broth' and you have yourself reasonably healthy noddley 'concoction'. It will fill you tummy, keep you warm, give you energy and health and hopefully keep you wife happy too.. :icon_cheers:

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 21:01:30 »
I have tea and coffee at the allotment, but have to remember to take milk too.
Sometimes I take food but usually I come home, one day I plan to cook food there, yummy!!
Welcome to the forum Roger :happy7:

chris y

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 21:17:48 »
We have  gas ring with grill so can make hot dreinks etc also keep baked beans to have on toast. : :drunken. :happy7:

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 21:27:23 »
I keep a kettle and camping stove there along with tea and coffee making facilities and some drinking water.

It has been drinks only since the mice worked out how to open the kilner jar which contained the biscuits!

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 21:28:05 »
Cans or bottles of coke, water bottles filled from the tap on the site, crisps, bisquits. I dont do tea or coffee.  I also sometimes take up a packed lunch of sarnies, bacon, saussage, boiled egg and tomatoes. I keep a spice bottle full of salt, pepper and sugar mix for the toms for when they are ready..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Mikeakabigman

• Half Acre
  • Haslemere, Surrey
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 22:33:10 »
We have a camping gas cooker, with two burners and a grill, we always have tea, coffee and hot chocolate along with biscuits for those all important breaks throughout the day.
Theres a fresh water tap right at the end of our plot, so during the summer that is never a problem. In the winter the water is turned off to prevent any chance of burst pipes, so we then keep some plastic milk bottles filled and stored in the shed.
We also keep a couple of cans of beans and soup for lunch  bringing bread with us for those whole day sessions.
This winter I installed a pot bellied stove in the shed, great for making toast as well as keeping warm.  :-)
Kind regards

Mike.
My blog.   http://mikeyoungarps.blogspot.co.uk

rogertb

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:50 »
So nice to hear from you all ... and of course I can take a pan and with a little preparation, the ingredients for a warm snack that I can cook on the hob ... sausage and beans - yummie ... providing the mice don't learn to use a tin opener !

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 07:27:16 »
I keep a kettle and camping stove there along with tea and coffee making facilities and some drinking water.

It has been drinks only since the mice worked out how to open the kilner jar which contained the biscuits!

Darned clever mices! :glasses9:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 10:05:35 »
Do your mice wear size 8 gardening boots?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal