Author Topic: Diabeticaly dizzy  (Read 1713 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Diabeticaly dizzy
« on: April 11, 2014, 17:51:51 »
Sorry folks I know we are not a medical forum but it seems we have a few type 1,s and 2,s in our membership,so just wondered if they may want to pass comment on little prob,

It seems I get dizzy when getting to my feet and as the suns been shining I've been on bended knee
Putting in my onion seeds and all manner of veggies,it's been happening the last few weeks but I just stand and gather meself and get. On with life,easy said to just brush it aside but my BP has been a  tad high of late,but I always assumed the dizziness was when you have low BP.....
So.....is it just me.....or is this just yet another side effect of Diabetes that I should just take on the chin and accept.

I've gotta admit I hate throwing out this type of question in here when really all I want to do
Is get on with my bluddy vegetable growing and have fun sticking the odd recipe on the forum.

So apologies guys and girls

Gazza
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 17:53:29 by gazza1960 »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Diabeticaly dizzy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 21:52:28 »
I reckon you need to get things checked out with your doc.  With so much going on in your life recently I am sure you have put yourself at the bottom of the list.  Are you drinking enough fluid? 

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 01:04:15 »
Please go and get checked out its really important.  You may need to be more careful as to how much you do at anyone time and pace yourself.  5 small meals spread out through the day help to keep your levels better regulated.  My other half was diagnossed last year and I have seen a big change, he can't keep working at physical things for long periods like he used to.  There does seem to be a bit of a lottery about the advice and care you get depending where you live, so don't take any fobbing off.
Let us no how you get on. Regards Taurus

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:09:15 »
Cheers all for the advice and the PM ,s it shows  we do have a caring Diabolic crew in here.

Gazza

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:06:43 »
I am sorry to read that you have been feeling dizzy, Gazza. 

I agree with what Digeroo and Taurus have said about seeing your GP.  It may be your blood pressure or something else, but on the other hand it could be something simple like wax or water in one of your ears.  Get it checked out soon Gazza. 

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:39 »
Just seen this.  I hope you've been to see your doctor Gazza or at least made an appointment(we have to wait about 3 weeks for a non emergency appointment here!). It could be your blood pressure  or to do with diabetes, You've obviously had a lot of stress  in your life recently. House moves and death in the family are high on the stress levels list.   But only the doctor will be able to diagnose properly so the sooner the better. Get yourself fit and get back to giving us your wonderful recipes and words of wisdom.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 21:55:30 »
Hope you had the all-clear or that it was due to all the stress.  How are you doing now?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal