Author Topic: Life's so unfair  (Read 5776 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Life's so unfair
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 00:13:11 »
Thinking of you.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 01:15:12 »
So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing.  It's an awful disease.  Thinking of you and Jude and your Mum.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 02:01:30 »
My greatest sympathies to everyone who's been affected by cancer - either personally or family, friends, etc.

It's such a horrible thing, and so many of us have lost people close to us. And there's nothing I can say to make any of it any easier, but I will say that we just have to treasure the time we have and appreciate each other while we have the chance.

At least those who are gone aren't suffering anymore.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 08:05:50 »
Sad times, RIP.

pumkinlover

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 08:09:22 »
Sorry to hear this Gazza, but maybe quicker may have been  better for Geoff than months of illness xxxx

small

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:09 »
So sorry for your loss, Gazza and Jude.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 15:03:56 »
So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and the family.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 16:11:47 »
So sorry to hear this Gazza. It must have developed without any warning and was surely extremely advanced when they discovered it. What a shock it must be for your wife. Thinking of you both.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 22:08:15 »
I'm so sorry to hear your news, Gazza. All the best to Jude and yourself x

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 21:37:06 »
I have just seen this Gazza and am very sorry to read about Jude's brother.  It must have been a shock to you both especially when he showed no signs of his illness when helping you move home.  In some ways though it is good that he was spared months and months of suffering.

My thoughts are with you both during this difficult time.   

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 01:07:54 »
So sorry to read this, hugs to all family and friends xxx but please don't assume that cancer kills everybody I'm a almost 5 year survivor in October

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:47 »
That's brilliant news Susan,I'm so pleased to hear about you beating it,my sister Kim is also a 5 year
Survivor of Breast C so we as a family know only too well how operations and corrective meds at an eary stage of diagnosis can get you through the illness.

It's 3am and we've only been back 2hours having travelled back down to Dorset from Heathrow after
Spending the whole day going through Jude's brothers property,daunting is an understatement.
Trying to get her inlaws  together on the same day and organise them into clearing rooms of a life's
Memories took some doing but Jude supervised us all and did brilliantly considering she was suffering,I could see it,so I took her out now and again for a breather.
It just shows the true value of friendship as plenty of Geoff's Bird watching friends turned up to pass on sentiments and assist in boxing up stacks of books he had on the subject for a memorium jumble
To raise a few quid for the RSPB,Goeff would have liked that.
Some of his old mates turned up spinning yarns from Geoff's youth that had us all laughing,so it eased the pain of a tuff day,and his neighbours popped out and asked after him as I loaded the car all singing his praises on what a genuine nice fella he had been so that cheered up Jude to some degree,anyway she's in bed now resting after yet another busy day travelling up to sort things out,
We had some big hugs to support each other,so life's not all bad.

Jude's not one for typing on the forum but I have shown her all your messages,and she said to thank you  all for the support.

Gazza x

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:48:40 by gazza1960 »

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 17:24:06 »
Just read this. I am so sorry to hear the news. I send all my love and sympathy to you all. I lost my husband to stomach cancer last year, and it is a horrible illness. In my opinion it is better to go quckly that to suffer a long illness. My thoughts are with you. busy_lizzie x
live your days not count your years

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 12:07:56 »
So very sorry, Gazza and Jude.  i've been away for a week, and couldn't believe it when I read that your lovely Geoff had gone so quickly.  best for him, but very very hard for his family and friends.  It sounds as if he was very much loved though,  and a special person.  So you can be so thankful for that, and that you were close.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 17:10:51 »
Thinking of both of you...hope things settle down a bit soon.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 21:45:22 »
Hug to you, Jude and Mum  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal