Author Topic: Life's so unfair  (Read 5881 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Life's so unfair
« on: April 06, 2014, 20:02:25 »
With his help Jude's brother Geoff assisted us to move in here and was happily struggling with umpteen boxes along with me laughing at the amount we were piling up in every room....thank you Geoff for your help....that was on February 20 th and he had done really well with losing weight after being diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in November, so there we are in BQ this morning spending our pennies on new Paint and Jude's phone goes......her face drops and she walks away.
Within 30 minutes we are driving back up to surrey as her brother Geoff has been admitted 3 days ago with stomache issues which turns out to be Pancreatic cancer of a terminal nature so as Jude's been nominated as Geoffrey's next of kin she/we although now home will be going back tomorrow to see if his demeanour has improved overnight as unfortunately he was so stressed out today it was pitiful to see a strong man suffering so.
Prognosis isn't what we wanted to hear,and we are preparing for the worse news so once I've sorted mum with lunches and dinners tomorrow well be off to the hospital to hopefully comfort her brother.

Ho hum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

small

• Hectare
Re: Life's so unfair
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 20:19:19 »
So sorry to read this, Gazza. All the best for dealing with this, thoughts are with you and Jude.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 20:28:31 »
Gosh...don't know what to say...and Pancreatic 'sort' too..
I'm sorry to hear about your sad news. How ever long he and you have left together...accept all the help and advise you can get, and don't be afraid to ask more.. Mcmillan nurses are brilliant and will do their best to make it easier for him/you.

"HUG"

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 20:52:49 »
This is so tragic. You can never tell who is going to be struck down next, or what is round the corner for all of us.

My first husband was killed by throat cancer in his 50s, also his cousin, similar age. Both vigorous, energetic and much loved men. My children, nephews and nieces have check ups on their throats because it seems to be family related. So sad. My daughter, who nursed her father until his death, is now a hospital consultant on various cancers.

Best wishes to you all for at least an easy death for your brother in law.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 08:20:08 »
Such awful news Gazza. My heart goes out to you all.

Tricia

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:41:10 »
My thoughts are with you and your family Gazza - it must be a very stressful time for you all.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:30 »
So sorry to hear this news.  Please pass on our best wishes to Geoff, and tell him that your friends on Allotments4All are thinking of him.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 11:34:27 »
Very sorry to hear this sad news.  Lean on friends and family for support as much as you can. Thnking of you and your family

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 13:38:28 »
Such a sad time for you all.... My sympathies and hopes for the best possible outcome.
We were told yesterday by a very close friend that she has cervical cancer. We have no idea yet what the prognosis will be.
Life's a nuts sometimes, and no mistake.
Sorry.

Nigel.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 14:23:19 »
So sorry to hear this Gazza, we just don't know what's round the corner do we?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 14:58:34 »
What a shock for you, June, your Mum and the rest of the family.  Stay strong for Geoff, all of you.  And give him our best wishes.  Hug.

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 17:22:02 »
So very sorry. Treasure the time you have together, Gazza, and take all the opportunities you have to express your love for each other.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 17:24:13 »
Just got in after a 2 hour drive home in the poring rain with a very subdued other half,I think,you can guess why.
We arrived early doors in surrey from Dorset to be greeted by the registrar who made it clear that Geoff,s prognosis had rapidly deteriated during the night and so it was left to Jude to give them the ok to do the right thing,I've now seen Jude's mum,dad and 2 brothers in 30 years pass away and today's events just proved it don't get no better dealing with it.
All I can do is offer some solice to her in that her " Bird watching " brother is now at peace and is able to continue his hobby in Gods hands.
Up until today I had lost an aunt in 6 months to Pancreatic cancer and a fishing friend that somehow lasted 18 months,so here we are in 3 days it got the better of her brother and we can only
Think that rather than he suffer the indignity of months of chemo he has been taken today and spared that suffering.

God bless Geoff

GazNJude x

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 18:00:23 »
R.I.P Geoff, thinking about you all and sending good thoughts

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 18:17:27 »
O dear, O dear, I am so sorry. You must feel exhausted with all the driving and turmoil. I do hope you both can get some peace and rest to help get through  the shock. :sad10:

Alipip

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 19:21:11 »
I don't know you, but my heart goes out to you and your other half. I lost my brother to cancer nearly 7 years ago now, it really does knock you for sic losing a sibling.
Take care of yourselves, big (((hug))) for you.

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 19:29:33 »
Dear Gaz and Jude,
I read this with a heavy heart, my sister died aged 48 last month to the same cancer, leaving my Mum at 86 grief stricken and the 3 siblings left all in shock, it will not get easier my sister fought it for 11 months and we watched her waste away physically which was painful for us all and now I am glad she is a peace and no longer suffering. My thoughts and deepest sympathy are with you. x
Nora
Norf London

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 20:53:07 »
So sorry to hear that, lost my little brother (49) to Cancer last September and an Aunt over Christmas.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 20:59:46 »
Gazza,

At least he was spared the suffering that can go with pancreatic cancer - it isn't much to take solace from but I hope you can....
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 21:20:38 »
So sorry to hear the sad news.  My sympathies to you and Jude.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal