Author Topic: Let's say.  (Read 2106 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Let's say.
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:30:46 »
Just for arguments sake if somebody should iron a pillow case liner on a super duper steam press without any water in it and on full heat, how would that hypothetical person remove all the sticky junk from the hotplate that marks the ordinary Laura Ashley pillowcases with a sticky brown mark.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Let's say.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:54:23 »
Upsie daisy, that would be silly thing to do...hypothetically of course..

Well..if it would be my hubby who would have indulged his curiosity towards iron...and managed to ruin our best pillow cases...

....I would first give him wet towel around ear hole and send him away to dig alloment....no, weeding is better punishment :evil6:
Then I would put hot water with drop of vinegar added into bottom of the bucket..just a thin layer so that only bottom of the hot plate is under water..and eventually starting to rub with finger or spunge and see if it comes off..if not...another soak with washing up liquid added...if not...then its is time for WD40 and rag option...and if not even then, then it is time for 'send hubby to buy new one with his weekly allowance' treatment...that should sort it out.
I bet you realized there is nothing you can do to the pillowcase..other make it disappear and hope that nobody will notice.. :angel11:

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 14:15:59 »
'Sticky stuff' remover. Waitrose near you will stock some or Boots, brilliant for removing anything from chewing gum to adhesive label residue . It's based on orange oil I think so there will be a need to wash the pillowcase afterwards but I'm sure if the person concerned  can use an iron the washing machine will be no challenge for.....whoever  I'm sure...
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 14:29:57 »
I'm sure if the person concerned  can use an iron the washing machine will be no challenge

Ah! The last time I used that I ended up with some pink tinged undercrackers that also made me sing in a higher octave due to the incredible built in shrinking mechanism.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 19:28:06 »

:tongue3:
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:06:45 »
Oh dear

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:11 »
I thought it customary for you lot daahhhn saarf to have a hint a pink in ones smalls ma dukk  :pottytrain2:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal